Sorry, forgot the subject line the first time. This is a REPOST.

Hello Linux-Hams,

Due to the extended grief I have been having getting either the PI2 or the
PackeTwin working in anything other than a 286, I started looking around for
other solutions. I have seen some lamenting about the lack of a card to
support speeds in the T1-E1 range too. I found a company that has a family of
cards that sound like just what the doctor ordered. They have onboard
processors to take the load of the host CPU. I wonder how much interest there
would be in a group purchase of such cards if they were found to be right for
our application? At this point this is just a possibility, as I am sick and
tired of  $@#$% around with the cards mentioned earlier. Here is an excerpt of
the message I received:

I have a new PCI-based card in development which uses a Hitachi 64570
communications controller and an Intel 80386EX-33, this card is capable
of T1/E1 (1.544Mbps/2.048Mbps) speeds on two ports.  This card can be
purchased in volume for approximately $325US, does this meet your price
point?  If yes, what quantity would you require?  What type of driver
would you require?  Windows NT, 98, 95, UNIX or other?  And finally, what
protocol would you need to communicate with the RF modem as we may
already have it?

Any comments? Al  KB2AYU  [EMAIL PROTECTED]