I have operated QRP and decided it was "hopeless".
I have worked with clubs that operate QRP and they are
able to score healthy scores but you have to work very hard
to make a contact.

I must admit it is loads of fun but you may have to work very hard
for 2 -4 contacts per hour.

I think, particularly, if you are trying to get people interested in
hamming,
it is a lot better to operate QRP in the QRP contacts.  I have done that
and
made 100 contacts per hour.  Lots of fun but personnally, I don't do it
for field day.