On 24 Apr, Mike Bilow wrote:

> If this can be accomplished, I think it would be a good idea.  It is obviously
> going to be a lot of work, though.  This worries me.

Joop is helping and it isn't anywhere near as much work as you might
imagine.

> In fairness, most of the equipment manufacturers do not develop the software.
> In rare cases they contract it out, but in other cases they just bundle it on a
> royalty basis.  Given that the Linux community has a strong GPL culture, and
> that hams are naturally frugal, I'm not sure what the options would be.  As

The obvious option would be for someone to write equivalent software
and give it to the vendors to include with their product.

Terry

--
Linux: standard and fully integrated support for Amateur Radio protocols
"Penguinitis is contagious".                    http://www.linux.org.au/