On Tue, 04 May 1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Is RIP2 available for Linux? I see that what I have installed now runs RIP
>version 1, which is not compatible with the local network. Anyone have any
>ideas here? The inclusion of the newer RIP2 in Linux would be great. Does it
>exist? Thanks.
>
>73, de Gary, W7NTF

RIP2 is supported as part of the 'gated' package which is much preferred over
'routed' which is RIP only.

However,  neither will work with the local network since the RIP update rate is
fixed at 30 seconds and the local standard (using NOS) has been 450 seconds.

If your on a 9600b lan, and everyone agrees to switch you can try running at the
30 second rate,  at 1200b it seems a little agressive.   I've actually been advocating
that one of our lan's try this for some time,  maybe you guys can be the first.

Ken,  N7IPB
WETNET - Washington Experimentors TCP/IP NETwork