According to Greg Blakely: While burning my CPU.

> I am about to take the plunge from a straight TNOS system to one that is
> mainly Linux-AX25 based.  As a first step along those lines, I got the
> latest (2.2.5) kernel and the libc6 tools (rpm).  All appears to work
> fine, except that now I can't get my sl0 link (formed by slattach) to
> forward packets beyond the kernel.

That should still work, altho in recent versions i think the syntax changed
somewhat.

> Now, in the old versions of Linux, there was a compile option named
> IP_FORWARDING, which I always had to compile in every time I upgraded the
> kernel.

You need to take a look at the Changes file situated in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation, however IP_FORWARDING is now defined in the
sysctl interface /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward 0 is default which is off.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
Will turn it on.
Another thing to consider is with recent 2.2.x kernels you will need to
upgrade your net-tools. That is also explaned in the Changes file.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]