Hi all! I have RedHat 5.2 and 2.0.36 kernel upgraded from
oryginal distribution (which has corrupted headers) to
2.0.36 from some update site. I know that ax25-utils in
rpm can be installed and used without any problem, by
my question is WHY sources of ax25-utils for glibc, which
can be downloaded around the net FAIL to complile on
that distribution? I tried gcc and egcs and always the
same - some problem during compile soundcard modules.
So, why authors of correct and working rpms don't upload
their good sources to some sites and don't tell us which
gcc is needed to compile and maybe some other needs...

P.S. When a patch which I saw here on the list about
remove piggybacking in ax.25 will be applied to official
ax25-utils? All we know that Linux ax.25 performance is
VERY bad. This patch should help.

P.S.2. My personal wish is about join (X)net authors
to kernel ax.25 support project and stop developing their
own program - use the code to patch and replace poor
written Linux ax.25 code.
--
                   |  Leszek A. Szczepanowski, SQ9ANR.  |