HelloKarl, hello all,

Firstly, I want to thank Karl for his friendly hint:

> > Yes, but - how do you connect e.g. such a cheap RealTek PC NIC  to,
> > let's say, a TNC2?
>
> By buying an Ethernet<>RS232 adapter and pluging it on the TNC2.
> This Adapters come as 1/4 Cigarett-Pack sized 1-Port plug or as TNC-sized 4-port
> box, and yes, they also come with Linux-Drivers, if I correctly understood the
> adverticement.

What advertisement? Hopefully, there's some more information
about that available somewhere.

> I know about it because I saw such an tiny adapter in usage with a printer and
>wanted
> the same for mine.

Ohh...yes. I think you have to distinguish between printers and
serial connections since most printers are usually connected via a
parallel port and therefore only have a Centronics connector
available, not a serial one. For parallel port use I also know of
Ethernet adapters, e.g. for notebooks.

Cheers, 73

Gerd