Hello,

I have been attempting to configure Linux to use a serial Baycom modem for
some time, without success. The problem, as I see it, is the kernel has not
created a Baycom interface device.

My most recent kernel compilation has amateur radio ax.25 level 2 protocol
and the Baycom ser12 full duplex driver, and no other amateur radio options,
built into the kernel. I have also tried a modularised kernel with amateur
radio support.

I am currently using Red Hat 6.0 and kernel version 2.2.5-15. I also have
Craig Small's ax.25 tools installed.

Things were a little more promising under Red Hat 5.2 and kernel version
2.0.36. It still didn't work, but a boot message said something about the
creation of bc0-3 being deferred. Deferred until when wasn't made clear.

I have searched the list archives for an answer, what have I overlooked?

Regards,
Phil Fraser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>