On Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 08:50:27PM +0100, richard bown wrote:
| Hi All,
| how do I stop during a telnet session to another the station, also
| running linux, The character I've just typed only being visible after
| being echoed back from the other station.

| Any ideas ??

        This is basically how telnet works.  You might have some limited
        success by placing telnet in LINEMODE, which causes telnet to
        handle what you type locally (and depending on how it does it,
        only send it when you've completed a full line).  You may need to
        run "stty -echo" on the remote system to prevent a double-echoing
        of characters (once by the local telnet client and again by the
        remote system).  Things might look funny, though.  There may
        be a better combination of arguments to stty that'll clear that
        up, though.

        There could easily be a much more elegant solution to this,
        but this is what I thought of off the top of my head.

        Good luck.

David

--
 == David Nesting WL7RO Fastolfe [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://fastolfe.net/ ==