Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> For those who have the newest gcc compiler (2.95) and experience trouble
> compiling the hfmodem stuff in the latest kernel, here is a patch
> that fixes this. Don't know if this affects the actual modem, because
> I cannot test it (maybe somebody else can?). Should also work with
> older compilers.

Instead of including a dubious patch noone tested, I'd much rather have it
break at compile time...

> +               __asm__("mull %1" : "=d" (tmp2) : "m" (scale_rdtsc), "a" (tmp0));

This is wrong for sure. Maybe the following would work:

  __asm__("mull %2" : "=d" (tmp2), "=&a" (tmp0) : "m" (scale_rdtsc));

But anyway, the hfmodem driver is a dead animal and has been removed
in 2.3.13, so putting much effort (more than saying N to it during make config 8-))
is probably not justified...

Tom

NB: For those who didn't notice, there's a usermode solution to this problem
for two years now...