On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Craig Small wrote:

> Kai Altenfelder said:
> > open("/usr/etc/ax25/axports", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> >       ^^^^^
> [...]
> > Where the hell does this prefix "/usr/etc" come from? An error of the
> > libax25 function "ax25_config_load_ports()"?

> Yep, so you can put whatever you like for the ax25-tools compile and it is
> not going to make one bit of difference.
> Recompile libax25.

Kissattach is different in that it doesn't use libax25 to read the config
but has its own readconfig() routine. I really don't know why but it does.
Kissattach tries to fopen(CONF_AXPORTS_FILE, "r")) and CONF_AXPORTS_FILE
is defined in "../pathnames.h":

  #define CONF_AXPORTS_FILE AX25_SYSCONFDIR"axports"

AX25_SYSCONFDIR on the other hand is defined from gcc command line so you
should see what it is when you compile the stuff.

My guess is something went wrong when you ran ./configure. Have you tried
starting over with freshly unpacked source code? Autoconf can be confusing
sometimes as it caches all sorts of information.

Just for reference, kissattach works for me and reads the correct config
file. I just checked yesterday evening.

--
--- Tomi Manninen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / OH2BNS @ OH2RBI.FIN.EU ---