On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Ted Gervais wrote:

> I wonder if someone might be able to offer any thoughts on why my
> rc.cyclades file works fine with kernel 2.0.36 and not with 2.2.12?

Under linux 2.2.12 you should be able to use ttyC0 ... ttyC32 for the
cyclades ports rather than ttyS0 ... ttyS3

You should have them (ttyC?) already under /dev:
crw-rw----   1 root     uucp      19,   0 Apr 17 16:52 ttyC0
crw-rw----   1 root     uucp      19,   1 Apr 17 16:52 ttyC1
crw-rw----   1 root     uucp      19,  10 Apr 17 16:52 ttyC10

I don't have Cyclades so I can't verify any of this. You may also want to
enable "Extended dumb serial driver options" under "Character devices" of
your kernel. Also you may need "Non-standard serial port support" and
module "Cyclades async mux support (NEW)" I'm not sure.

There is a document about Cyclades-Z in the kernel source:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/char/README.cycladesZ

Hope this helps,

Mike, VE1???