Hello all!

I meant to send this last weekend but...

Anyway according to Alan kernel version 2.2.13 is still at least a couple
of weeks away, so I uploaded my patch to hes.iki.fi for people to test.
The patch can be downloaded at:

  ftp://ftp.hes.iki.fi/pub/ham/linux/ax25/linux-2.2.12-bns.diff.gz

or

  ftp://ftp.oh7lzb.ampr.org/pub/ham/linux/ax25/linux-2.2.12-bns.diff.gz

The patch is also already included in Alans linux-2.2.13preXX kernels (at
least it is in pre10).

This patch fixes the "unknown address family" bug that people have seen
with node and possibly other programs using the getpeername() and
getsockname() system calls. The patch should also finally once and for all
fix the "crash on ifconfig ax0 down" bug. If and when people are testing
this, please make sure you don't have any of the other "fixes" that have
been proposed to fix this one. I'd like people to verify that this really
is The Correct Fix (tm).

Finally there is a small change to the netrom loopback mechanism. If you
have ever experianced an oops or crash relating to this (if you've seen an
oops dump in your system log with nr_loopback_timer() mentioned) I'd like
to know about it.

PS. Note that much of the credit for finding the getpeername bug goes to
Cathryn Mataga. Thanks Cathryn!
--
--- Tomi Manninen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / OH2BNS @ OH2RBI.FIN.EU ---