On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Elan Portnoy wrote:

> I have kernel based ax25 connects working ok. The trouble I am experiencing
> is with my TCP/IP connections. My IP is 44.68.48.216, the IP of the nearest
> node is 44.68.48.1. I used ifconfig to set ax0 with my IP and added the
> route to the 44.68.48.0 network.
>
> When I try a telnet, the transmitter quickly kicks on and off several times
> and I get "No route to host" error message.

Most probably your ARP query times out. For some reason the new kernels
have very short timeouts. One solution is to enter a manual ARP entry for
the gw and then route everything through it. Another solution (in some
cases a better one) would be to fix the timeouts. Someone posted howto do
that on this list a few weeks ago. Maybe you can find it in the archive.

PS. Does anyone have a pointer to a document describing the
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/neigh/ interface?

--
--- Tomi Manninen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / OH2BNS @ OH2RBI.FIN.EU ---