> That warning has been there for ages and it is quite harmless.

Agreed.

> Actually
> it's also bogus as the variable can't be used uninitialized.

No, the warning is not bogus: if some moron calls kiss_esc_crc()
with len < 0 (it is a signed int) "c" in fact remains uninitialized.
But this can only happen if we get a transmit buffer with a negative
length from dev.c -- if this really happens I bet all the hell
breaks loose... ;-)

73,

Joerg Reuter                                 http://poboxes.com/jreuter/
And I make my way to where the warm scent of soil fills the evening air.
Everything is waiting quietly out there....                 (Anne Clark)

PGP signature