Hello All

Having got back into microwave work (see http://www.hes.iki.fi/~jsn/10ghz.htm)
and wanting to find out which beacons I could possibly hear. I wrote a
little program to take the region 1 beacon list and print all the beacons
with distances and bearings from a given location.

That program has since grown and become a fully fledged X11/GTK based
thing.

It is only of interest to people in Europe who operate above 6m as the map
and beacon list are centered on Western Europe where most UHF/Microwave
activity is. The software can be found at
ftp://ftp.hes.iki.fi/pub/ham/unix/utils/baken-0.2.tar.gz.

Jonathan  HB9/G4KLX

PS I am not subscribed to linux-hams