On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Dustin McIntyre wrote:

> I have been playing with the ax25-utils for about 2 weeks now and have
> up now a small "test" node. I am using the node program that comes with
> the ax25-utils. I just have one port running on a serial TNC (TINY-2)
> running in KISS mode. I have experienced that every once in a while
> after using the node, the TNC will just go stupid and it will not
> transmit any more untill I reset it. The TNC STA light is comming on but
> nothing ever transmits from then on. I have replaced the TINY-2 software
> chip and that didn't help.

Coming on and staying on? That shouldn't happen. I guess either your TNC
drops out of KISS mode for some reason or there is something strange in
your serial port settings.

> Also, I have experienced that when I connect to my node VIA telnet then
> connectct to a node, commands are not reconized. This works fine if I
> connect to my node on packet. I tried different telnet programs but that
> didn't help.

Can you see from "listen -a" if the commands you send to the node go out
one character at a time? If that is the problem then your telnet client is
somewhat broken and you need to manually switch it to line mode (if
possible). Have you tried the standard linux telnet client? That should
work.

BTW. What distribution, what kernel and which utils?
--
Tomi Manninen           Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OH2BNS                  AX.25:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]