Hello,

"Jose R. Marte A." wrote:

> Ok i'm including my REPLY again the other one i don't know was happen
> i'm 99.99% sure that i know what is your problem
> make another test with the xfbbd but without ax25 channels
> justs one channel for telnet (eth0), on the port.sys
> if this not cause segmentation violation Unknown return 5
> i know the problem.

Bingo !

So, i launched xfbbd with only one telnet port listenning at 192.168.0.2
which is my ethO interface.

1- xfbbC works as it used to with 7.00g26 !!!!!!
   Hope this is the beginning of a solution as i really miss this tool a
lot.

2- I could log into xfbbd via eth0 without a problem. xfbbd didn't
crash.

3- TCP/IP activity didn't interact with xfbbd and i could http or FTP
without xfbbd crashing.

> Alex you can send exactly to the list the line of as you call the xfbb
> in daemon mode

I launch xfbbd with this line in one of my scripts :

/etc/init.d/xfbb701.sh -d -a > /dev/tty7 2>&1 &

> I had a similar problem and the xfbbd crash every time
> that somebody connected in one of the channels of ax25 HF/VHF
> and in a same way when i did a telnet,  in the local lan

Here all semms to be TCP/IP related as it's xfbbC client and Ethernet
connections that made xfbbd crash. AX.25 connections behave normally.

> now the xfbbd is more stable in the redhat-6.0 kernel 2.2.5-15, with the
> ax25-utils-2.1.42a
> compiled in my system for the glibc2.1 without the library of the new
> libax25/apps/tools
> the problem of the xfbbd is in the porting from glibc2.0 toward glibc2.1.

Haven't tried such an exotic combination ! :-)

> I am also running in a gblic1 (libc5) the xfbbd-7.01d in very stable via
> using
> the Slackware 3.5.0 kernel 2.0.36.

Ok

Thanks for pointing me on a way that seems to let things work.
I hope it can also help Jean-Paul if there's something to do inside
xfbbd's code.

Alex.

--
Alexandre Fornieles   |   F-40150 Hossegor
ICQ : 1519880         |   Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.13 i686