On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Jorge Matias wrote:
>I don't know if anyone of you has this problem, but I found that
>everytime ax25d answers a call and spawns a connection to a service it
>opens "ax25" module for use. The problem is that when the connection is
>closed we still have the "ax25" module opened.
>  This means that I can never remove ax25 module from memory because it
>says it is in use.
>  When I made my last reboot I had ax25 module opened 725 times.
>
>  Present situation:
>
>Module                  Size  Used by
>af_packet               5868   5  (autoclean)
>scc                    18168   3
>mkiss                   7516   1
>ax25                   35776  56  [scc mkiss]
>

> call local0 cs1sel-8 cs1sel-9 (calling linuxnode via linuxnet in a local
>                                link to linuxnet)
>

>  When the connection is up:
>
>Module                  Size  Used by
>af_packet               5868   5  (autoclean)
>scc                    18168   3
>mkiss                   7516   1
>ax25                   35776  58  [scc mkiss]
>
>  I close the connection by leaving LinuxNode (bye).
>
>  After connection is closed:
>
>Module                  Size  Used by
>af_packet               5868   5  (autoclean)
>scc                    18168   3
>mkiss                   7516   1
>ax25                   35776  57  [scc mkiss]
>
>  These tests were made also with CLX (CS1SEL-5) and axconv for htpp
>(CS1SEL-6). No one have called to these services in the meantime.
>
> ----- " ------
>
>  Other problem found in ax25d is that when I quit linuxnet and remove the
>kissattach of my local loopback link (ifconfigured), my ax25d blows and
>leaves a core dump. I have to restart it again.
>  My sequence of commands to remove linuxnet is:
>
>    ifconfig ax0 down
>    kill the kissattach command
>    kill the linuxnet program
>    and at last remove the tty LOCK.
>
>  I haven't found yet where is the problem. Can I do this when I have
>connections made trough this interface?

You dont say what kernel you are using,??
Or which ax25-utils.???
The interface down stuff has been discussed before, see the mail
archives.

I do not have this problem after 100+  days uptime on my router/node
machine, it has had multiple connects. The stand is no higher than 7
on all my machines, 3 of them using bpq, netrom, ax25.

I have checked by connecting other machines via ax25 and netrom, it
does not alter the used count.

Module         Pages    Used by
netrom             6            1
scc                7            3
ax25              12    [netrom scc]    7 (autoclean)
smc-ultra          1            1
8390               2    [smc-ultra]     0
serial             7            1
The above after 75 days uptime on this machine running 2.0.36.

Another machine running 2.2.13 has no problems, and yet another
running 2.0.37

The only differance is mkiss, all my machines use "only" the
ax25/netrom scc combination from the kernel itself, no outside
programs are used.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]