Does anyone know why we don't use redirection to a new gateway for ipip
encapsulation?  It's simple, useful and I don't understand why we don't do it.

I've put together a couple of simple scripts to test my ideas and they work like
this....

If an incoming ipip packet is going to turn around and become an outgoing ipip
packet the gateway that sent the ipip packet is sent an information packet
containing the new gateway and host addresses.  The gateway receiving this
information packet adds a route that expires in 5 minutes.  The gateway that
sends the information packet doesn't send another information packet for this
gateway/host pair for 5 minutes.

What do ya think?

Bob