Leszek A. Szczepanowski wrote:

> I know how to run FBB as non-root. But then unproto list
> isn't working due to access denied to raw ax25 socket.
> :))) But, maybe I don't know something new or changed?

About half a year ago, I distributed a patch on the xfbb mailing list which
makes xfbbd drop its root privileges immediately after opening the raw ax25
socket.
Thus, it only runs with root privileges where needed, and as a normal user
the rest of the time (unless it is started by root itself, of course).