Things were going great for awhile. Then I tried to connect to a local
node via the node-0.3.0 machine through the remote Tnos machine (which
are joined at the hip by an axip link). At first the remote node
answered, but after a bit it hung. I could see my packets going out the
Tnos tnc. This in turn caused Tnos to hang. Then I got the screen error
on the Tnos machine:

sl1: Transmit Timed out, driver error ?

Wonder if there is a way to extend the slattach timers or put some kind
of fail-safe that would drop the link if the socket became hung as above
example?

sl0 is Diald
sl1 is Slattach link from Tnos to the linux kernel

Happy Millennium
John