Hello,

> > HI guys! Happy New Year 2000 to all of you!

The same to you :)

> > Finally I was able to compile 2.2.13 kernel on SuSE 6.2 with ax25-stuff
> > (including as a modules) and it's working fine! But now I've got the
> > following messages during my Linux boot:
> >
> > proc on /proc type proc (rw)
> > modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module nls_cp437

You'll have to enable the Native Language Support (nls) module under misc options
when doing make menuconfig.

> > modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-4
> > (the last string repeats 20 times!)
> > modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-4

The same applies to "Generic serial support" here.

But - and that seems to be very important since it has been a common problem for a
lot of Linux newbies using SuSE 6.2 - do't forget to check that the line

alias char-major-4 serial

is included in /etc/conf.modules .

Cheers

Gerd

--
Gerd Roethig
Universität Leipzig, Medizinische Klinik u. PK I