> [about rx speed different from tx speed]
> > It is NOT my problem so far, but for the record, it might come handy
> > remembering that some amateur satellites may use different uplink/downlink
> > speeds.

Soundmodem is able to use different modulator/demodulators for RX and TX, and
maybe in future different channel codings. I think it is a sensible feature.
That way you could also create asymmetric user access ports on digipeaters -
since users seem to have big problems building a G3RUH-FSK-capable transmitter
(or modifying respectively) but nearly no problem with the RX part you could
use 1k2 for uplink and 9k6 for downlink.

[JR]
> Basicly, that's what we have now for the
> Z8530-in-DPLL-mode case: the DPLL has a wide range to lock (you can
> initialize the BRG for 9600 baud and it still locks on 1200 baud).

Really? I wonder how these work and how they perform under noisy channel
conditions. The DSCC-4 also has an option for fast DPLL locking, they
simply switch phase state when a transient occurs in the middle of a symbol.

  -- Jens