Good afternoon, all,
        (Thanks for forwarding this, Riley.  Please CC: me if you'd like
my input as I'm not subscribed to linux-hams.)

> I've a problem to set up a firewall with SuSE 6.2.

        (I don't use SuSE, so I can't comment on their script.)

> Another question:
> Is it possible to apply rules to all ham interfaces with
> FW_WORLD_DEV="scc0,scc1,scc2" or "scc0 scc1..."?
> What is the correct syntax for multiple interfaces?
> I couldn't find it in the SuSE documentation. There was
> only a hint that multiple interfaces are possible.

        The ipchains tool that you're almost certainly using supports the
"scc*" syntax to match scc0, scc1, etc.  "man ipchains" for more details.

> I'll also need to protect ippp0 (isdn-ppp) with different
> rules. (Very important because there shouldn't be any
> possibilities to get traffic from a ham interface to my ISP
> and reverse) Is it possible to use a modified copy of the
> /sbin/init.d/firewall script a second time to do this?
> Is there a better way, or is that unefficient?

        It's not as good as getting a unified firewall because the order
in which the rules show up is important.
        Best of luck...
        Cheers,
        - Bill

        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a
rigged demo.
(Courtesy of Matthew Harrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
William Stearns ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  Mason, Buildkernel, named2hosts,
and ipfwadm2ipchains are at:                http://www.pobox.com/~wstearns
LinuxMonth; articles for Linux Enthusiasts! http://www.linuxmonth.com