On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> The reason it doesn't work is because TCP/IP does not work that
> way. TCP/IP is based on the assumption that every computer on a
> network segment (NOT subnet) can hear all of the other computers
> on the same segment.

It worked fine up to 2.0 series kernels and then it stopped. Every other IP
stack that I've tried that supports routing also works as expected.

IP is a routing protocol - it should make NO assumptions of the lower layers
(eg. segments etc) - any stack that does is IMO broken.

 --

73 de Robin. G8ECJ                      Hub manager gb7ipd

NTS: G8ECJ@GB7TVG.#42.GBR.EU            AmprNet:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.gb7ipd.freeserve.co.uk/
Shack: (+44) 1628 533311                Fax:  (+44) 1628 850165
Club pages (g4xyw modem etc) at http://www.tvipug.freeserve.co.uk