On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Jens David wrote:

> > Once the
> > interface is up, packets never come out the h/w even
> > though listen -a shows them going.
>
> This is not so good. Check that in BIOS setup EPP version 1.9
> is selected and/or check for a BIOS upgrade. In addition to that
> (this might sound a little but funny) change the cabling. The
> drivers have different timings (this is quiet critical).

I have no experience with DOS but under Linux I too have noticed that the
cabling is really critical. For example even a rather short length of flat
cable can totally ruin the communication. This seems to make it a bit
difficult with the older AT motherboards where the D-connector is not
directly on the board...

BTW I'm talking about the EPPFLEX hardware. Don't know if this is
applicable to the older EPP adapter.
--
Tomi Manninen           Internet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OH2BNS                  AX.25:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]