On 2024/6/5 19:33, Borislav Petkov wrote:

[这封邮件来自外部发件人 谨防风险]

On Wed, Jun 05, 2024 at 06:10:07PM +0800, Tony W Wang-oc wrote:
It may also happen without setting fake_panic, such as an MCE error of the
UCNA/SRAO type occurred?

Which types exactly do you mean when you're looking at the severities[]
array in severity.c?

And what scenario are you talking about?

To get an #MC exception and detect only UCNA/SRAO errors? Can that even
happen on any hardware?

Yes, I mean an #MC exception happened and detect only like SRAO errors like below:

        MCESEV(
                AO, "Action optional: memory scrubbing error",
SER, MASK(MCI_UC_AR|MCACOD_SCRUBMSK, MCI_STATUS_UC|MCACOD_SCRUB)
                ),
        MCESEV(
                AO, "Action optional: last level cache writeback error",
                SER, MASK(MCI_UC_AR|MCACOD, MCI_STATUS_UC|MCACOD_L3WB)
                ),

I think these errors are actually encountered on some platforms that support these type of errors report to the #MC.

Sincerely
TonyWWang-oc
--
Regards/Gruss,