Linux-Hardware Digest #76, Volume #9             Thu, 31 Dec 98 22:13:34 EST

Contents:
  Re: Redhat Linux 5.1 and 3com  3c509b-TPO card troubleshooting (Prasanth Kumar)
  Re: Changing the clock? ("R.A. Wilson")
  internal font selection - HP4 laserjet ("R.A. Wilson")
  Re: External 3Com ISDN modem (Peter Eddy)
  Re: internal font selection - HP4 laserjet (Prasanth Kumar)
  New MB (Abit Bx 6, Celeron 300A) - won't boot (Doug Kelly)
  PCMCIA Soundcard on Compaq Contura 410 under LINUX ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Linux with 1 GIG of RAM (YoYo)
  Re: ftape woes ("guenter weissenseel")
  Re: Linux sees just 64Mb out of 128Mb of memory (Paul Tarpey)
  Re: When will kernel 2.2 be released? (Horst von Brand)
  Re: Gettyin uugetty to work to allow dialin (M. Buchenrieder)
  Best Dual Pentium motherboard, and other hardware (Alex Parfenov)
  Does ESS sound chip on laptop works on RedHat5.2? (Bjoern Smith)
  New Laptop: NEC Ready 120LT (Christopher B. Browne)
  Re: Sound Blaster Live (Joe Tham)
  Re: Linux sees just 64Mb out of 128Mb of memory ("Daniel Hirning")
  ftape woes (Frank)
  Re: Does ESS sound chip on laptop works on RedHat5.2? (Taso Hatzi)
  PnP Modem, NOT winmodem (mike dombrowski)
  Re: Help!!!  I have memory problems! (Frank)
  Re: Best Dual Pentium motherboard, and other hardware (Alex Parfenov)
  Re: parport/ppa problem with 2.2.0pre1 (Griffin Caprio)
  RH 5.0 /  AWE64 gold PnP problems.. ("John D. Young")
  Decent Soundcard for Linux (Martin Robinson)
  Re: Frustrated ESS1868 configuration! (Keith Brilhart)
  PC100 Bus - What breaks? ("Peter A. Koren")

From: Prasanth Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.install
Subject: Re: Redhat Linux 5.1 and 3com  3c509b-TPO card troubleshooting
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 23:19:26 GMT

Try disabling the PnP capability on the card using the dos setup
utility you can get from 3com (on disk or via ftp server) This
worked great for my card.

------------------------------

From: "R.A. Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Changing the clock?
Date: 31 Dec 1998 16:18:26 PST

> > How can I remotely adjust the time on my server?
>
> Log into the server, become root, and use date(1) for the system clock
> and hwclock(8) for the hardware clock.  You might also look at rdate.

        there are several, but you can also take a look at:
        man netdate

        r.a.wilson

------------------------------

From: "R.A. Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: internal font selection - HP4 laserjet
Date: 31 Dec 1998 16:22:40 PST

Hi -
I have an HP 4 laserjet and want to get rid of that gawd-awful
courier font.  The printer has some nice internal fonts, and
I would like to select Arial, so I tried the lines you see below
for my filter.  I thought one of these should work, but no luck.
Anyone have a suggestion?

        r.a.wilson
#! /bin/sh
# Input filter for HP LaserJet

# Send PCL commands to the printer
#----------------------------------------------------------------
echo -ne \\033\&k2G             # Change LF to CR+LF

echo -ne \\033\&a6L             # Set the left margin to 6 spaces

# echo -ne \\033\(s4101T        # Select Times Roman font
# echo -ne \\033\(s218T         # Select Arial font
# echo -ne \\033\(s16602T       # Select Arial font
# echo -ne \\033\(s29T          # Select Arial font
echo -ne \\033\(s4T             # Select Arial font

echo -ne \\033\(s11V            # Select font size

cat                             # Send stdin to stdout

echo -ne \\f                    # Send a form feed at EOF

------------------------------

From: Peter Eddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: External 3Com ISDN modem
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:31:17 -0500

I have this same setup, RH 5.2 and 3Com ImpactIQ.  When I first got the
modem I configured it with their Windows configuration utility to use
both B channels.  It worked fine under Linux too.  My problem came when
I recieved the phone bill, the first month was $300!  For 128K?  When
people are getting broadband for $40/month?  I switched it to,
"Tollsaver" and now I'm living at 56K with no per-minutes charges and
waiting for some enterprising company to discover that many people in
the backwater city of Boston would like faster net access.

Ok, so that's not much help to you though, sorry.

------------------------------

From: Prasanth Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: internal font selection - HP4 laserjet
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 00:38:08 GMT

There seems to be a bunch of HP printer configuration utilities in
the below link. Maybe one of them will do what you desire.

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux/sunsite/system/printing/

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:39:36 -0700
From: Doug Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New MB (Abit Bx 6, Celeron 300A) - won't boot

I'm attempting to upgrade my old PPro system with a new MB - Abit BX6,
with a celeron 300A. It is being installed into a previously working
RedHat 5.1 system. There seems to be a problem with the IDE drive
setup/detection. I have a Fujitsu 1.7 GB as the primary on IDE0, and a
WD 2 gig drive as the primary on IDE1 (scsi cdrom not installed at the
moment.) The first hint of trouble is that the bios autodetect will only
sporadically find the second drive.  After setting the parameters to
'NORMAL' for both drives, the system will POST, but will pause for about
2 minutes after the BIOS memory check, and before showing the drive/card
configuration. LILO will boot, but after detecting the drives and
mounting / readonly, it reports

hda: irq timeout : status-0x58 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest}
hda: disabled DMA
ide0: reset: sucess

and then hangs.

Removing/disabling the second drive reduces the length of the pause
after bios initialization, but doesn't alter the behavior on boot.

Has anyone run into this type of problem before? At first I thought it
was hardware, but now I'm not so sure, given the reproducibility of the
hang across different configurations.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Doug Kelly

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PCMCIA Soundcard on Compaq Contura 410 under LINUX
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:11:07 -0500

I use my COMPAQ Contura 410 under LINUX too.
I'm just now looking for a soundcard, which of course has to be a
PCMCIA-Card.

Any recommendations ?

Matthias Schulz

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (YoYo)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions,comp.os.linux
Subject: Re: Linux with 1 GIG of RAM
Date: 31 Dec 1998 13:38:46 -0600

Patrick Boutilier  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Can Linux (Redhat 5.2) handle 1 GIG of RAM? The only way I can get it to
>boot is to put linux mem=999M at the LILO prompt.

You can put a line in /etc/lilo.conf which will essentially do that for
you.  Also, check out the notes for the upcoming kernel 2.2.0. IINM,
there's support for RAM > 1 gig in there.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] stuff------

 "I could spend a thousand deutchmarks to get drunk in a pub with
  some Australians."                     -Ed Robertson

------------------------------

From: "guenter weissenseel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ftape woes
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:22:00 -0500

Hi Frank I have a tape, which is connected to the ptinter port as well.
A trakker 250 QIC-80. I read that it is not officially supported (all
printer port devices), but I'm looking for a solution as well. Let me know
when you find something

Thanks
Guenter

------------------------------

From: Paul Tarpey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.portable
Subject: Re: Linux sees just 64Mb out of 128Mb of memory
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 02:23:24 +0000

Ahmed Abukmail wrote:

> Raj R. Singh wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem, and the magic "append" command doesn't
> > work for me. The "free" command still reports only 64M of RAM recognized.
> > btw, I'm also running Redhat 5.1 (kernel 2.0.34) on a Gateway Solo 9100.
> >
> > -Raj ([EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> > >   I have RH 5.1 running, I added the following line to my /etc/lilo.conf to
> > > recognize the 128 MB.
> > > append="mem=128M"
> > >
> > > ------Here is my lilo.conf file, Linux is on hda6
> > > boot=/dev/hda
> > > map=/boot/map
> > > install=/boot/boot.b
> > > prompt
> > > timeout=50
> > > image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.35-1
> > >         label=linux
> > >         root=/dev/hda6
> > >         append="mem=128M"
> > >         read-only
> > > other=/dev/hda1
> > >         label=dos
> > >         table=/dev/hda
>
> I am sorry I think I gave incomplete info. This lilo.conf file can only work if
> you reinstall lilo, and you
> do that by just logging in as root, creating the above file which I am sure you
> already did, then you need to run the command /sbin/lilo and that will do it...
> It worked for me, so good luck.
>
> Let me know how it goes.
>
> Ahmed

I had to put the append mem command in my lilo.conf file to get my memory (above
64Mb) recognised with 2.0.34 kernel.  Having just upgraded to 2.0.36, I have been
able to remove it, as it spots it all ok

------------------------------

From: Horst von Brand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: When will kernel 2.2 be released?
Date: 30 Dec 1998 11:15:50 -0300

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brett W. McCoy) writes:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:06:57 -0400, Matías Orchard V.
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >TODAY was released pre1!

2.2.0pre1ac2 compiles and works fine (so far... some 8 hours uptime) with
egcs-19981226, binutils-2.9.1.0.19a. Note that the egcs folks finally
outlawed the illegal asm() constraints that were used all over the kernel
for ia32, and Alan's patchset fixes a few last-minute additions to the lot.
--
Dr. Horst H. von Brand                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (M. Buchenrieder)
Subject: Re: Gettyin uugetty to work to allow dialin
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:45:01 GMT

Gary Lebowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Help anyone. I have Bullet 33.6 modem and am having devil of a time
>trying to get my machine to accept dialins. Read Modem HOTO and followed
>instructions to a T. Modem answers but get no CONNECT XXX and cannot
>login remotely. Tried all sorts of AT tweaking and nothing helps. Can
>somone put me out of my misery?

Use mgetty.

Michael
--
Michael Buchenrieder * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.muc.de/~mibu

From: Alex Parfenov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Best Dual Pentium motherboard, and other hardware
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:23:58 -0500

Hi,
I am in the process of building a high performance  multi-processor
Linux Internet server and am seeking any recomendations on motherboard
choice (vendor, model, etc.) as well as memory brand, scisi
controler(s), and network adapter.
I am specially interested in IO, compatability and reliability issues.

Please make sure to email me your response (not just to the newsgroup)
because my news server is terrible and often inaccesible,

Thanks in advance,
Alex Parfenov

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:35:20 +0000
From: Bjoern Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Does ESS sound chip on laptop works on RedHat5.2?

Hi!
According to lots of comments on the net the ESS sound chip often
used in modern laptops should work as a vanilla SB on Linux.
I have a Best Note 1150 (PII266) running RedHat 5.2.
Everything runs perfect except for the sound.

- Booting with stock RH5.2 kernel

- In /etc/conf.modules
    alias sound sb
    alias midi opl3
    options opl3 io=0x388
    options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1

- After boot /var/log/messages shows:
    sb: dsp reset fail

- modprobe sb gives:
    /lib/modules/preferred/misc/sb.o: init_module: unit or resource busy

    sound: unit or resource busy

- At the top of /proc/pci one can read:
PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
    Multimedia audio controller: Unknown vendor Unknown device (rev 0).
      Vendor id=125d. Device id=1968.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 5.  Master
Capable. \
        Latency=128.  Min Gnt=2.Max Lat=24.
      I/O at 0x3000.
(Is this IRQ 5 perhaps...well, I don't know)

- lsmod shows:
Module         Pages    Used by
nfs               12            5 (autoclean)
serial_cs          1            0
smc91c92_cs        3            1
ds                 2    [serial_cs smc91c92_cs] 2
i82365             5            2
pcmcia_core        9    [serial_cs smc91c92_cs ds i82365]       0
nls_iso8859_1      1            1 (autoclean)
nls_cp437          1            1 (autoclean)
vfat               4            1 (autoclean)
uart401            2            0
sound             15    [uart401]       0
soundlow           1    [sound] 0
soundcore          1    [sound] 3

I've tried re-compile the kernel with sb/sound as none-module according
to all FAQ and hints on the net.
I've also tried compiling with the 2.2.0-p1 kernel, but allways with the

same result :-(

Many thanks in advance for any kind of help!

--
Bjorn Smith     Compound Systems AB, phone +46 8 4464260
Email:          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christopher B. Browne)
Subject: New Laptop: NEC Ready 120LT
Date: 1 Jan 1999 00:15:18 GMT

I was at CompUSA today, and saw one thing that looked *real* interesting.
It's a new laptop that's a bit bigger than the Libretto, but much smaller
than most others.

NEC (Packard Bell NEC) Ready 120 LT
$999, 200 P/MMX GX, 32 Mb RAM, 2.1 Gb HD, 8" 640 x 480 DSCN

It uses the NeoMagic 128ZV+ chipset (or whatever it's called; the one that
is now supported through Precision Logic's X server that they wrote for Red
Hat...)

It's quite tiny, looks of reasonably solid construction, unlike the good 'ol
"Packard Bells."

It's only expandable to 64MB, which isn't all that bad.

I'd pick one up as that hardware all seems reasonably Linux-compatible.

But.  What "suffers" in its fairly minscule size is that the floppy and
CD-ROM drives are both external.  It worries me particularly that these may
not be able to be accessible from the Linux side of the "divide."

Technical information seems not to exist anywhere; CompUSA folk obviously
haven't a clue on this, and I see nothing on the Linux Laptop page.

It's a pretty slick little machine...

-- Henry Spencer          <http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/lsf.html>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - "What have you contributed to Linux today?..."

------------------------------

From: Joe Tham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Sound Blaster Live
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 01:36:07 GMT

The OSS drivers should have Live! support soon....

------------------------------

From: "Daniel Hirning" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.portable
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 13:24:03 +1100

After you edit the lilo.conf file, are you then running /sbin/lilo ???

You need to run it for the changed you made in the lilo.conf file to take
affect

Hope this helps,

Daniel

------------------------------

From: Taso Hatzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Does ESS sound chip on laptop works on RedHat5.2?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 22:04:18 +0000

Bjoern Smith wrote:

> Hi!
> According to lots of comments on the net the ESS sound chip often
> used in modern laptops should work as a vanilla SB on Linux.
> I have a Best Note 1150 (PII266) running RedHat 5.2.
> Everything runs perfect except for the sound.

I have noname sound card based on an ESS chip. It works on RH5.2.

Here is what's in my /etc/conf.modules.

        alias sound sb
        alias midi opl3
        options opl3 io=0x388
        options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=0 mpu_io=0x300

'modprobe sb' produces no output.

/proc/pci contains:

        PCI devices found:
          Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
            VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. Trio32/Trio64 (rev 0).
              Medium devsel.  IRQ 11.
              Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe7000000.
          Bus  0, device   7, function  1:
            IDE interface: Intel 82371 Triton PIIX (rev 2).
              Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
Latency=32.
              I/O at 0xe800.
          Bus  0, device   7, function  0:
            ISA bridge: Intel 82371 Triton PIIX (rev 2).
              Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  No
bursts.
          Bus  0, device   0, function  0:
            Host bridge: Intel 82437 (rev 1).
              Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.

And lsmod produces:

        Module         Pages    Used by
        ppp                5            1 (autoclean)
        slhc               2    [ppp]   1 (autoclean)
        nls_iso8859_1      1            1 (autoclean)
        nls_cp437          1            1 (autoclean)
        vfat               4            1 (autoclean)
        opl3               3            0
        sb                 6            0
        uart401            2    [sb]    0
        sound             15    [opl3 sb uart401]       0
        soundlow           1    [sound] 0
        soundcore          1    [sb sound]      6

All of the IRQ's, IO addresses, etc. listed above were automatically
assigned - I had nothing to do with it. The sound card is PnP.
MS-VMS (aka WinNT) couldn't deal with it.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mike dombrowski)
Subject: PnP Modem, NOT winmodem
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 02:40:43 GMT

Hello LinuxPeople!

Is the SupraExpress 288i Pnp supported under linux? I am running
rh4.2. If it is supported what do I do? Is there a HOWTO?

Thanks so much
Mike Dombrowski

------------------------------

From: Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help!!!  I have memory problems!
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 16:18:42 -0600

Brad Hilton wrote:

> When I run the free command (not using x), it reports that I only have 13 megs
> availible.  I'm running a K6-2 with 1 64 meg PC100 dimm.
>
> Do I have to specify that I have 64 megs somewhere?
>
> Has anybody heard of this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad Hilton
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  at LILO, type   mem=64m and then let system boot as usual... do free and see
what ya get. If that works put it into your lilo.conf file...

btw... if you can do find out exactly how many kbytes of mem you have (may be
flashed up on screen during POST) you'll be better of using that  number as it is
more exact...  eg:  mem=64(xxx)k   (note the "k" at the end, as compared to the
"m" in the first example)

------------------------------

From: Alex Parfenov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:08:06 -0500

Thank you Paul for answering my posting,
I have a question regarding your reply:
How(and why) do you configure 2 network interfaces for the same ( I am
assuming) network?

------------------------------

From: Griffin Caprio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: Re: parport/ppa problem with 2.2.0pre1
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:21:42 -0600

Allin Cottrell wrote:

> I have been using a parallel-port zipdrive with kernel 2.0.36
> with no problem.  Now I'm trying to use it with 2.2.0-pre1,
> using parport to get access to both the zipdrive and the printer.
> The printer is working (after shifting it from lp1 to lp0, in
> printcap), but the zipdrive is not.

I can't even get my printer to work under 2.2.0pre1.  It works fine in
2.0.36, but not in the newer kernels.  I tried to switch from lp1 to lp0
and it still doesn't work.  Any tips?

------------------------------

From: "John D. Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RH 5.0 /  AWE64 gold PnP problems..
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 02:46:46 +0000

HELP! ...I have a RH 5.0 system and AWE64 gold PnP card..  I've had no
problems playing .au and .wav files.. but I can't get the midi synth to
work.  I've fooled around w/ my isapnp.conf file and set it up so that
it recognizes the other I/O ports on the card.. so what do I need to do
next? every time I try to play a midi file it says the the device or
resource /dev/sequencer is busy or unavailable.

Thanks for your help!

------------------------------

From: Martin Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Decent Soundcard for Linux
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:35:23 -0500

I am wondering what sound ards work well under Linux. I originally
planned to go with the Sound Blaster AWE64, but have seen some posts
about problems with Sound Blaster 16 & AWEs with Redhat 5.2. I don't
really want to use isapnp tools, but will if it is necessary. I don't
need anything really fancy, just for maybe CD audio, midi(if possible),
and mp3s. One thing is that I would like it to be compatible enough with
Sound Blasters that I could use it for DOS(gasp) game that needs
something SB. I also want something under $100. Any suggestions
appreciated.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Keith Brilhart)
Subject: Re: Frustrated ESS1868 configuration!
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 22:37:25 GMT

I'm running RedHat 5.2 and by running sndconfig I can select this card
and run it as PnP.  If you don't want to do the upgrade, then you
might find it interesting that in the messages on bootup I see it
detected as a soundblaster 3.1.  Otherwise, configure it the same as
the settings you use in windows.  You might also try downloading the
sndconfig utility from RedHat and see if it works on your system.

My card actually works nicer in Linux than under Windows!

Good Luck.

Carlo Scarfoglio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Lee Yat Wah wrote:
>
>> I've been configuring this damn card on my system more than 8 time,
>> but still without success. when I use the command cat /dev/sndstat, it
>> said that no such device. But when I checked the /dev directory, it's
>> inside, including all the neccesary devices to play midi & .au
>> file.(/dev/audio & /dev/dsp) I also can't play the midi files and .au
>> file.
>> I'm currently running kernel 2.0.33 from Caldera (OpenLimux Lite v1.2)
>> and my sound card is ess1868 pnp audiodrive. I followed all the guides
>> on the newsgroup to install and configure the card.
>> Pls help!
>
>I have got one on my system: I configured the kernel (2.1.131) for a
>standard Soundblaster 16, with IRQ 5,  I/O 220, etc.., no module.You
>should check these settings on your system to avoid conflicts with other
>cards (IRQ 5 will not work if you have LPT2, for instance). But, I too
>had problems and the thing that solved all was to disable PNP in the
>BIOS!! Look into your BIOS settings: if you find "PNP OS enable" or
>something like that, disable it. If you still have difficulties, let me
>know, I will try to be more precise. I had it working with kernel 2.0.32.
>
>Hope it helps.
>            Carlo Scarfoglio

~~~
And I say to you tonight that the GNU World Order
will be a Kinder and Gentler place!

Keith Brilhart
boy genius

------------------------------

From: "Peter A. Koren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PC100 Bus - What breaks?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 20:46:32 -0600

I am about to put together an over-clocked Celeron 300A on
an Abit BH6 motherboard running the PCI bus at 100 MHz and
need to know what legacy boards will break and have to be
upgraded, if any. I have a BusLogic BT930 scsi board and a
Linksys 10/100 auto sensing ethernet board, both PCI, that I
would like to salvage from the old system. The documentation
on these devices does not address the issue. Do I need to
worry?

Thanks,

Peter Koren

--
Remove the '.zap-this' from the email address to reach me.

"One may proceed from absurd premise to ridiculous
conclusion with impeccable
logic." -- Santayana