  Re: Redhat 6.0 on an IBM thinkpad 360CSE? ("Jeff Volckaert")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David C.)
Crossposted-To: comp.periphs.scsi,linux.redhat.install,linux.redhat.misc,linux.scsi
Subject: Re: SCSI help!!
Date: 27 May 1999 15:14:19 -0400

Jari René Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Cecilia Di Chio wrote:
>>
>> I've added a SCSI card on my PC (AHA 1505) after Red Hat 5.2
>> installation and now my system doesn't recognize it.
>
> I have the same card (for my CDR). Trying to getting it to work with
> Linux, I read some where that the card needs to have a BIOS ( ROM with
> firmware ) in order for Linux to work with it. - then my quest ended.

>From what I've read, it needs a BIOS for Linux to auto-detect it.  You
should, however, be able to manually load the driver.  Try using the
"insmod" utility.  You may have to specify the card's configuration via
parameters as well.

(I don't know what those parameters might be.  My 2940UW and 1542B
didn't require any.)

-- David

------------------------------

From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: building a dual processor system?
Date: 27 May 1999 14:22:53 -0400

Tim Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> bryan wrote:
> >
> > 2 celerons if you can get 300a chips and overclock them.  get the
> > right slotkets - do some net.research to find out about these.
>
> Celerons are SMP-disabled by intel.

yes.  however, a soldering iron and a small drill can SMP-enable them.

--
johan kullstam

------------------------------

From: Barry Flanagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ESS1968 Sound card
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:48:46 +0100

==============01E0C48DDE165956DA613964

Felix Sanchez wrote:

> Does anybody know how to configure  ESS1968 on linux (red hat 6.0).
>
> Any help will be appreciated,

This is the Maestro card, and is not yet supported by the provided drivers.

There is a commercial sound driver, but it is not yet worth having IMHO as it requires
you to first initialise the card in Windows and then load linux via loadlin.

-Barry Flanagan
 Creative & Technical Director
 DigiServe Ltd. Dublin, Ireland

 Tel: +353 (0)1 855-4321
 Fax: +353 (0)1 817-0643

==============01E0C48DDE165956DA613964

Felix Sanchez wrote:
on linux (red hat 6.0).

<pre></pre>

<pre>This is the Maestro card, and is not yet supported by the provided drivers.</pre>

<pre></pre>

<pre>There is a commercial sound driver, but it is not yet worth having IMHO as it
requires you to first initialise the card in Windows and then load linux via
loadlin.</pre>

<pre>
-Barry Flanagan
&nbsp;Creative &amp; Technical Director
&nbsp;DigiServe Ltd. Dublin, Ireland
&nbsp;
&nbsp;Tel: +353 (0)1 855-4321
&nbsp;Fax: +353 (0)1 817-0643</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

From: Phil Buckley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Tape Backup Question
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:37:20 -0400

My boss just ordered our first server for our small office (6 users).
When it arrives we will be adding a tape drive to it. The box itself is
a Dell (10GB HD) with RH 6.0 loaded. Could someone offer up suggestions
on what would be our best bet as far as particular brand (so as to make
installation easier on me - a linux newbie) and also backup software (I
am leaning towards BRU).

TIA,
Phil Buckley

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David C.)
Subject: Re: "Drive Size To Big" When Installing RedHat 5.2
Date: 27 May 1999 14:53:28 -0400

"Robert C McDougle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm curious what you mean >> The limit is actually 1024 cylinders <<
>
> Does this apply to the total drive spec or is this somehow related to
> just the definition of the "/boot" partition?

Just /boot.  And only if you have a BIOS that can't handle larger
drives.

The big deal is that LILO has to be able to read the entire contents of
/boot.  Since the usual device drivers have not yet loaded at that
point, /boot must be accessible via your ROM BIOS (either your
motherboard BIOS or an extension BIOS, like the one on a bootable SCSI
host adapter.)

The original BIOS calls for disk access reserved 10 bits for the
cylinder number - so it can't be used to access cylinders beyond 1023.
(There are 24 bits total for specifying sectors, which is where the 8G
limit comes from, BTW.)

Most BIOS chips will translate the disk's geometry from its physical
layout to one that has 1024 or fewer cylinders.  This is how the
so-called "512M barrier" was broken a few years ago.

Modern BIOS chips (those that can support drives greater than 8G) have a
new set of calls for accessing disk sectors, which has a larger limit.

LILO uses BIOS calls to access /boot and read in the initial system
image.  It must, because no device drivers have yet been loaded.

If LILO uses these new calls (does it?  I don't know), then systems with
the new BIOS calls will have no problem with /boot anywhere on the
disk.  If LILO doesn't use these calls (or if your system doesn't have
them), then /boot must be in a partition contained entirely within the
first 1024 cylinders - where the BIOS can access it.

This is the same problem every other PC-based operating system faces.
The boot loader (NT's OS-loader, OS/2's boot-manager, Win95's boot
sector, etc) must use the BIOS to access the disk, and whatever
partition it reads to fetch the initial system image must be accessible
via the BIOS calls it makes.

-- David

------------------------------

From: Totally Lost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,csu.unix.linux
Subject: Re: Dual Celeron's and SMP Performance Problems
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:29:20 GMT

In article <BKd33.1352$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  "Tony Platt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would love you to show me a quad Pentium II anything
> let alone a Quad Celeron
>
> hahahah
>
> Duel maybe but quad, I think not.

I'm only aware of one NUMA Octa-Xenon design, and it's not
clear the prototype will be finished and taken to market.
I suspect there is at least one more in the same shape.

Most of the Octa and greater PPro people are betting on
IA64, which has left them without a good X86 transition
MP product since the PPro's are pretty doggy by todays standard.
Big Iron X86 companies like Sequent must be really hurting
with dual PII/PIII systems closing the gap.

If IA64 is delayed much longer, I think we might see some
fast Quad/Octa PIII's developed and released.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mumford)
Subject: Re: Linux SMP resources
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 17:27:09 GMT

A while ago, Jacek Pliszka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> begot:
>On Wed, 26 May 1999, mumford wrote:
>
>> A while ago, Tim Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> begot:
>> >What is your question?
>> >
>> >- 2.2.5-9 are stable.
>>
>> 2.2.5 isn't.  It had networking corruption.
>
>Do you know if 2.2.5-15 shipped with RedHat 6.0
>also got this problem?

Probably, since -15 means RedHat only made changes to fix their own
compatibility issues.  The problem only manifested itself on very
specific hardware, though... I believe :)

--
Glenn Lamb - [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Finger for my PGP Key.
Email to me must have my address in either the To: or Cc: field.  All other

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (-=hRp=-)
Subject: Re: Internal Modem Help
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 19:14:07 GMT

MAYBE ITS A HCF MODEM
the supra express 56 IV PRO its a HCF MODEM ... dont work on LINUX
if you boot on windows and have a HCF PORT ENUMERATOR then your modem
dont work on linux ... CYA

------------------------------

From: Henrik Carlqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: After install, RH5.2 claims "fs iso9660 not supported by kernel"
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:25:00 +0200

Fuzzy wrote:
> >cd /usr/src/linux ; make xconfig

> Thanks Henrik.  I also don't have X up and running (my video card is
> too new, though I now have the drivers I need).  Can I use make
> config instead?

Yes, that will also work.

> (I know this is not as nice as the GUI method - but with no GUI, it's
> the only option I have).

There is one more option, "make menuconfig", it is a little bit more
user friendly than "make config", almost as good as "make xconfig".

regards Henrik
--
spammer strikeback:
root@localhost [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: Henrik Carlqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Apparent sound IRQ conflict - help!
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 20:38:26 +0200

Jamey Sharp wrote:
> I doubt that the folks reading comp.os.linux.hardware weren't
> ignoring me just for the fun of it the first time I posted about
> this, so I suspect I need a broader audience in order to find someone
> who can help. So please forgive the crossposting. Also please CC me
> on replies because I'm not subscribed to the PLUG mailing list and
> searching these newsgroups daily is kind of a pain.

Sorry I don't have any answer to your question, but I have a piece of
advice that might help you to write questions in a way that will give
answers. Stop crossposting to several newsgroups expecting others taking
their time to read your message and write a reply if you think that it
is kind of a pain searching and reading their replies in a newsgroup.

Newsgroups are working because people does not only look for answers for
their own questions but while searching for these answers they take
their time to answer other people questions.

If you still think it is to hard to search newsgroups you should try a
powerful tool like dejanews. If you find that newsgroups isn't your way
to get information there is a commercial howto, it might help you to
find a consultant that is willing to help you with personal emails or
maybe even a home visit to track down problems.

regards Henrik

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David C.)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: big tape drive for linux
Date: 27 May 1999 16:01:55 -0400

Hongyu Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Has anyone had experience of installing a big tape drive (over 20GB)
> for
>
> linux box? I called Dell, but they seemed to have no clue on what kind
> of tape drive is compatible with linux.

Anything SCSI-based (well, at least anything SCSI-2 compliant.  Older
drives may be problematic) should work fine, as long as your SCSI host
adapter is installed and working OK.

I have no clue about tape drives using other interfaces (like ATAPI,
parallel-port, floppy, or proprietary interfaces.)  I wouldn't even
bother trying one of them.

My Aiwa 4mm DAT drive works great with no special drivers.  I control it
with mt and use tar for my backups (using the /dev/nst0 device).

-- David

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David C.)
Subject: Re: Riva TNT only in 256 colours.
Date: 27 May 1999 15:49:16 -0400

Michael Meissner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ... I suspect if you do:
>
>       startx -- -bpp 32
>
> it will start up with 32 bit pixels.  You can make the default be 32
> bit pixels, by editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and putting:
>
>       DefaultColorDepth 32
>
> in the "Screen" section.

Thanks!  I didn't know about that option.  (That's what I get for not
reading the man page.)

I've been doing it by adding "-bpp 16" to the default serverargs
parameter of the startx script.

-- David

------------------------------

From: "Jeff Volckaert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.portable,comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.x
Subject: Re: Redhat 6.0 on an IBM thinkpad 360CSE?
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:09:43 -0400

Well, I finally got it working.  I used the XF86Config that came with
tpdualscan and hacked the end off of it.  I put that on the end of the
redhat 6.0 XF86Config and hacked off it's monitor and devices section.
Tpdualscan -d, X -probeonly, tpdualscan -d, startx now works.  I also had to
do 'xset s off' after X loaded since the screen was blanking out every 2
secs.

Attached below is the final XF86Config for Redhat 6.0 on a Thinkpad 360cse.

*** SNIP ***
# File generated by XConfigurator.

# **********************************************************************
# Refer to the XF86Config(4/5) man page for details about the format of
# this file.
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Files section.  This allows default font and rgb paths to be set
# **********************************************************************

Section "Files"

# The location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.

    RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

    FontPath   "unix/:-1"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Server flags section.
# **********************************************************************

Section "ServerFlags"

    # Uncomment this to cause a core dump at the spot where a signal is
    # received.  This may leave the console in an unusable state, but may
    # provide a better stack trace in the core dump to aid in debugging
    #NoTrapSignals

    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><BS> server abort sequence
    # This allows clients to receive this key event.
    #DontZap

    # Uncomment this to disable the <Crtl><Alt><KP_+>/<KP_-> mode switching
    # sequences.  This allows clients to receive these key events.
    #DontZoom

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Input devices
# **********************************************************************

# **********************************************************************
# Keyboard section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Keyboard"

    Protocol    "Standard"

    # when using XQUEUE, comment out the above line, and uncomment the
    # following line
    #Protocol   "Xqueue"

    AutoRepeat  500 5

    # Let the server do the NumLock processing.  This should only be
    # required when using pre-R6 clients
    #ServerNumLock

    # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
    #Xleds      1 2 3

    #To set the LeftAlt to Meta, RightAlt key to ModeShift,
    #RightCtl key to Compose, and ScrollLock key to ModeLock:

    LeftAlt        Meta
    RightAlt        Meta
   ScrollLock      Compose
   RightCtl        Control

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.

#    XkbDisable

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    XkbModel    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    XkbModel    "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
# or:
#    XkbLayout   "de"
#    XkbVariant  "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    XkbOptions  "ctrl:swapcaps"

# These are the default XKB settings for XFree86
#    XkbRules    "xfree86"
#    XkbModel    "pc101"
#    XkbLayout   "us"
#    XkbVariant  ""
#    XkbOptions  ""

   XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
   XkbTypes        "default"
   XkbCompat       "default"
   XkbSymbols      "us(pc101)"
   XkbGeometry     "pc"
   XkbRules        "xfree86"
   XkbModel        "pc101"
    XkbLayout       "us"
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

# When using XQUEUE, comment out the above two lines, and uncomment
# the following line.

#    Protocol "Xqueue"

# Baudrate and SampleRate are only for some Logitech mice

#    BaudRate 9600
#    SampleRate 150

# Emulate3Buttons is an option for 2-button Microsoft mice
# Emulate3Timeout is the timeout in milliseconds (default is 50ms)

    Emulate3Buttons
    Emulate3Timeout    50

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    ChordMiddle

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Monitor section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of monitor sections may be present

Section "Monitor"

    Identifier  "My Monitor"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    ModelName   "Unknown"

# HorizSync is in kHz unless units are specified.
# HorizSync may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.

    HorizSync   31.5

# VertRefresh is in Hz unless units are specified.
# VertRefresh may be a comma separated list of discrete values, or a
# comma separated list of ranges of values.
# NOTE: THE VALUES HERE ARE EXAMPLES ONLY.  REFER TO YOUR MONITOR'S
# USER MANUAL FOR THE CORRECT NUMBERS.

    VertRefresh 50-70

# Modes can be specified in two formats.  A compact one-line format, or
# a multi-line format.

# These two are equivalent

#    ModeLine "1024x768i" 45 1024 1048 1208 1264 768 776 784 817 Interlace

#    Mode "1024x768i"
#        DotClock 45
#        HTimings 1024 1048 1208 1264
#        VTimings 768 776 784 817
#        Flags  "Interlace"
#    EndMode

# This is a set of standard mode timings. Modes that are out of monitor spec
# are automatically deleted by the server (provided the HorizSync and
# VertRefresh lines are correct), so there's no immediate need to
# delete mode timings (unless particular mode timings don't work on your
# monitor). With these modes, the best standard mode that your monitor
# and video card can support for a given resolution is automatically
# used.

# 640x400 @ 70 Hz, 31.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x400"     25.175 640  664  760  800   400  409  411  450
# 640x480 @ 60 Hz, 31.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x480"     25.175 640  664  760  800   480  491  493  525
# 800x600 @ 56 Hz, 35.15 kHz hsync
ModeLine "800x600"     36     800  824  896 1024   600  601  603  625
# 1024x768 @ 87 Hz interlaced, 35.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"    44.9  1024 1048 1208 1264   768  776  784  817
Interlace

# 640x400 @ 85 Hz, 37.86 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x400"     31.5   640  672 736   832   400  401  404  445 -HSync
+VSync
# 640x480 @ 72 Hz, 36.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x480"     31.5   640  680  720  864   480  488  491  521
# 640x480 @ 75 Hz, 37.50 kHz hsync
ModeLine  "640x480"    31.5   640  656  720  840   480  481  484
 500 -HSync -VSync
# 800x600 @ 60 Hz, 37.8 kHz hsync
Modeline "800x600"     40     800  840  968 1056   600  601  605  628 +hsync
+vsync

# 640x480 @ 85 Hz, 43.27 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x480"     36     640  696  752  832   480  481  484
 509 -HSync -VSync
# 1152x864 @ 89 Hz interlaced, 44 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1152x864"    65    1152 1168 1384 1480   864  865  875  985
Interlace

# 800x600 @ 72 Hz, 48.0 kHz hsync
Modeline "800x600"     50     800  856  976 1040   600  637  643  666 +hsync
+vsync
# 1024x768 @ 60 Hz, 48.4 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"    65    1024 1032 1176 1344   768  771  777
 806 -hsync -vsync

# 640x480 @ 100 Hz, 53.01 kHz hsync
Modeline "640x480"     45.8   640  672  768  864   480  488  494
 530 -HSync -VSync
# 1152x864 @ 60 Hz, 53.5 kHz hsync
Modeline  "1152x864"   89.9  1152 1216 1472 1680   864  868  876
 892 -HSync -VSync
# 800x600 @ 85 Hz, 55.84 kHz hsync
Modeline  "800x600"    60.75  800  864  928 1088   600  616  621
 657 -HSync -VSync

# 1024x768 @ 70 Hz, 56.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"    75    1024 1048 1184 1328   768  771  777
 806 -hsync -vsync
# 1280x1024 @ 87 Hz interlaced, 51 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"   80    1280 1296 1512 1568  1024 1025 1037 1165
Interlace

# 800x600 @ 100 Hz, 64.02 kHz hsync
Modeline  "800x600"    69.65  800  864  928 1088   600  604  610
 640 -HSync -VSync
# 1024x768 @ 76 Hz, 62.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"    85    1024 1032 1152 1360   768  784  787  823
# 1152x864 @ 70 Hz, 62.4 kHz hsync
Modeline  "1152x864"   92    1152 1208 1368 1474   864  865  875  895
# 1280x1024 @ 61 Hz, 64.2 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  110    1280 1328 1512 1712  1024 1025 1028 1054

# 1024x768 @ 85 Hz, 70.24 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"   98.9  1024 1056 1216 1408   768 782 788
822 -HSync -VSync
# 1152x864 @ 78 Hz, 70.8 kHz hsync
Modeline "1152x864"   110   1152 1240 1324 1552   864  864  876  908

# 1280x1024 @ 70 Hz, 74.59 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  126.5 1280 1312 1472 1696  1024 1032 1040
1068 -HSync -VSync
# 1600x1200 @ 60Hz, 75.00 kHz hsync
Modeline "1600x1200"  162   1600 1664 1856 2160  1200 1201 1204 1250 +HSync
+VSync
# 1152x864 @ 84 Hz, 76.0 kHz hsync
Modeline "1152x864"   135    1152 1464 1592 1776   864  864  876  908

# 1280x1024 @ 74 Hz, 78.85 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  135    1280 1312 1456 1712  1024 1027 1030 1064

# 1024x768 @ 100Hz, 80.21 kHz hsync
Modeline "1024x768"   115.5  1024 1056 1248 1440  768  771  781
 802 -HSync -VSync
# 1280x1024 @ 76 Hz, 81.13 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  135    1280 1312 1416 1664  1024 1027 1030 1064

# 1600x1200 @ 70 Hz, 87.50 kHz hsync
Modeline "1600x1200"  189    1600 1664 1856 2160  1200 1201 1204
1250 -HSync -VSync
# 1152x864 @ 100 Hz, 89.62 kHz hsync
Modeline "1152x864"   137.65 1152 1184 1312 1536   864  866  885
 902 -HSync -VSync
# 1280x1024 @ 85 Hz, 91.15 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  157.5  1280 1344 1504 1728  1024 1025 1028 1072 +HSync
+VSync
# 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz, 93.75 kHz hsync
Modeline "1600x1200"  202.5  1600 1664 1856 2160  1200 1201 1204 1250 +HSync
+VSync
# 1600x1200 @ 85 Hz, 105.77 kHz hsync
Modeline "1600x1200"  220    1600 1616 1808 2080  1200 1204 1207 1244 +HSync
+VSync
# 1280x1024 @ 100 Hz, 107.16 kHz hsync
Modeline "1280x1024"  181.75 1280 1312 1440 1696  1024 1031 1046
1072 -HSync -VSync

# 1800x1440 @ 64Hz, 96.15 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1800X1440"  230    1800 1896 2088 2392 1440 1441 1444 1490 +HSync
+VSync
# 1800x1440 @ 70Hz, 104.52 kHz hsync
ModeLine "1800X1440"  250    1800 1896 2088 2392 1440 1441 1444 1490 +HSync
+VSync

# 512x384 @ 78 Hz, 31.50 kHz hsync
Modeline "512x384"    20.160 512  528  592  640   384  385  388
 404 -HSync -VSync
# 512x384 @ 85 Hz, 34.38 kHz hsync
Modeline "512x384"    22     512  528  592  640   384  385  388
 404 -HSync -VSync

# Low-res Doublescan modes
# If your chipset does not support doublescan, you get a 'squashed'
# resolution like 320x400.

# 320x200 @ 70 Hz, 31.5 kHz hsync, 8:5 aspect ratio
Modeline "320x200"     12.588 320  336  384  400   200  204  205  225
Doublescan
# 320x240 @ 60 Hz, 31.5 kHz hsync, 4:3 aspect ratio
Modeline "320x240"     12.588 320  336  384  400   240  245  246  262
Doublescan
# 320x240 @ 72 Hz, 36.5 kHz hsync
Modeline "320x240"     15.750 320  336  384  400   240  244  246  262
Doublescan
# 400x300 @ 56 Hz, 35.2 kHz hsync, 4:3 aspect ratio
ModeLine "400x300"     18     400  416  448  512   300  301  302  312
Doublescan
# 400x300 @ 60 Hz, 37.8 kHz hsync
Modeline "400x300"     20     400  416  480  528   300  301  303  314
Doublescan
# 400x300 @ 72 Hz, 48.0 kHz hsync
Modeline "400x300"     25     400  424  488  520   300  319  322  333
Doublescan
# 480x300 @ 56 Hz, 35.2 kHz hsync, 8:5 aspect ratio
ModeLine "480x300"     21.656 480  496  536  616   300  301  302  312
Doublescan
# 480x300 @ 60 Hz, 37.8 kHz hsync
Modeline "480x300"     23.890 480  496  576  632   300  301  303  314
Doublescan
# 480x300 @ 63 Hz, 39.6 kHz hsync
Modeline "480x300"     25     480  496  576  632   300  301  303  314
Doublescan
# 480x300 @ 72 Hz, 48.0 kHz hsync
Modeline "480x300"     29.952 480  504  584  624   300  319  322  333
Doublescan

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Graphics device section
# **********************************************************************

# Any number of graphics device sections may be present

Section "Device"
    Identifier        "Generic VGA"
    VendorName        "Unknown"
    BoardName "Unknown"
    Chipset   "generic"

#    VideoRam 256

#    Clocks   25.2 28.3

EndSection

# Device configured by Xconfigurator:

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "My Video Card"
    VendorName  "Unknown"
    BoardName   "Unknown"
    #VideoRam    512
    #Chipset "wd90c24"
    #Option "noaccel" # Use this if acceleration is causing problems
    #Clocks 25.175 28.322 65     36     # These are not programmable
    #Clocks 29.979 77.408 62.195 59.957 # These are programmable
    #Clocks 31.5   35.501 75.166 50.114 # These are not programmable
    #Clocks 39.822 72.038 44.744 80.092 # These are programmable
    #Clocks 44.297                      # Must match Mclk
    # Insert Clocks lines here if appropriate
EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Screen sections
# **********************************************************************

# The Colour SVGA server

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "svga"
    # Use Device "Generic VGA" for Standard VGA 320x200x256
    #Device      "Generic VGA"
    Device      "My Video Card"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       8
        # Omit the Modes line for the "Generic VGA" device
        Modes       "640x480"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

# The 16-color VGA server

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "vga16"
    Device      "Generic VGA"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    Subsection "Display"
        Modes       "640x480" "800x600"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

# The Mono server

Section "Screen"
    Driver      "vga2"
    Device      "Generic VGA"
    Monitor     "My Monitor"
    Subsection "Display"
        Modes       "640x480" "800x600"
        ViewPort    0 0
    EndSubsection
EndSection

# The accelerated servers (S3, Mach32, Mach8, 8514, P9000, AGX, W32, Mach64
# I128, and S3V)
Section "Screen"
    Driver      "accel"
    Device      "My Video Card"