Linux-Hardware Digest #692, Volume #10            Wed, 7 Jul 99 12:13:31 EDT

Contents:
  Gateway 2500SE laptop + linux (jay)
  Re: SCSI MO mounting problem ("Jürgen Pfann")
  Re: new video boards and SVGATextMode or framebuffer? (Floyd Davidson)
  Ati rage fury problem in linux ("Aarne Vasarik")
  Epson Stylus Colour 440 (Duncan Grisby)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Using two LNE100TX NICs, adapter module fails? ("mnip")
  scsi disk is not auto-detected during boot. ("Eyal Lupu")
  Re: Using two LNE100TX NICs, adapter module fails? (James Dekorse)
  Tekram-Controller (Karl Lewalter)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (chrisv)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Marc Mutz)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (chrisv)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Marc Mutz)
  File Server Hardware ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: HiSax for TELES.SO/16.3c Plug & Play ("Jürgen Pfann")
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Marc Mutz)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Marc Mutz)
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Marc Mutz)
  UDMA 66 Support ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Celeron, what's the catch? (Chris Mauritz)
  Re: Epson Stylus Color 600 Config Problems ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  FWD. Toshiba back-tracks on anti-Linux stance (Alex Lam)
  where can fine voodo 3000 driver for linux ?? ("Siu Pak")
  Re: dual processor setup? (Alex Lam)
  Assembler problem to read from dataport (Sven Heursch)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (jay)
Subject: Gateway 2500SE laptop + linux
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:35:08 GMT

Thinking about buying a laptop, and my two choices are the
Sony Vaio F250 (which is my second choice, the model in my
price-range comes with an HPA screen - ick), and a Gateway
2500SE, both pretty low-end machines.

I've looked for info on both of them, and came to the conclusion
that if I were to settle for the Sony and the terrible passive-matrix
screen, I'd have no problems with linux on it.  However, the
info on the Gateway doesn't flow as freely, so I haven't found
much out about it.

My main concern is the modem.  Is the modem that you can
include in the Gateway 2500SE a winmodem or not?  There's
no information on the Gateway site on it, and I'm sure that
if I asked a Gateway employee, they'd either give me a BS
answer, or just faint on the spot. :)

Other than that, I'm pretty sure that everything else will work well
with this machine, including XFree and the NeoMagic video board.

Anyone know about the modem?  Just for good measure, assuming
I'm misinformed, is the passive-matrix display _that_ much worse than
an active-matrix display?  The Sony is really the more attractive
machine (cheaper, too), but I've just heard bad things about the HPA
displays.  Enlighten me. :)

Thanks for any information....

btw: if the gateway modem isn't compatible with linux, any
recommendations for good pc card modems that are compatible?

------------------------------

From: "Jürgen Pfann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: hk.comp.os.linux
Subject: Re: SCSI MO mounting problem
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:45:14 +0200

Hi there,

Benzene Ring wrote:

> I have a SCSI MO with lowest ID setting (it is detected as /dev/sda)
                                                                  ^^^
like a SCSI hard disk with the device to access the whole disk,
regardless of partitions and filesystems.

> I cannot mount it using the following command:
> mount /dev/sda /mnt/mo
> where /mnt/mo is created my me
> What is the problem? How can I mount it?

You should be able to do anything with your recognised MO Media you
could do with a HD as well: partition it with fdisk, create file systems
on the partitions (M$ speech : 'formatting') and finally mount one or
more of the newly created partitions resp. the **file systems** on them.
E. g. if you created only one primary partition with fdisk, it will be
called /dev/sda1. (fdisk will advise you to reboot after _w_ riting
the part.)
Next, you do mke2fs (or mkfs.msdos/mkfs.minix/whatever) /dev/sda1.
now you've got an empty _file system_ to mount :
mount -t ext2 (msdos/minix/etc.) /dev/sda1.
Got the difference ?

Regards

Juergen

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Floyd Davidson)
Subject: Re: new video boards and SVGATextMode or framebuffer?
Date: 7 Jul 1999 10:51:20 GMT

Mr Cheuk Kong Lo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Phil Howard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>: Has anyone gotten any new modern (AGP class, or PCI variants of them)
>: video cards to work with SVGATextMode and/or the new framebuffer driver
>: under Linux 2.2.X?  I'm curious which BOARDS (not chipsets) actually
>: can be gotten to work.  I've you've gotten one to work, then I'd be
>: willing to go buy one of those to try it out.  Chipset info is totally
>: useless, so please don't waste your time saying "get a board with XXX
>: chipset".
>
>: --
>: Phil Howard           KA9WGN
>: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>My Matrox G100 works with FB, but I've not extensively use it.
>Also, I'ven't been able to get it work with SVGALIB, only *some*
>vesa mode only.
>
>Chris

My Matrox Millinium-II works.  All I've done with it is boot the
machine, noted the two cute penquins (wondered why two?) and the
30x80 screen size.  Then I shugged and started X.

  Floyd

--
Floyd L. Davidson                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)

------------------------------

From: "Aarne Vasarik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Ati rage fury problem in linux
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:32:09 +0300

hi

i cannot get my fury to work in linux, has anyone got it to work under
linux??
if yes mail me and tell how??

aarne.

------------------------------

From: Duncan Grisby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Epson Stylus Colour 440
Date: 7 Jul 1999 12:21:31 +0100

Has anyone written a full Uniprint .upp file for the Stylus Colour
440?  It works OK with the generic stc drivers, but I'm sure it can be
tweaked a bit. If someone else has already done it, it will save me
some time.

Cheers,

Duncan.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Celeron, what's the catch?
Date: 07 Jul 1999 14:53:24 +0200

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chris Robato Yao) writes:

> In <7lqjgc$btc$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> (Salem Lee Ganzhorn) writes: >Chris Robato Yao
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote: >: its time, while the CPU is
> idle.  Spreadsheets and compiling won't be >: taking advantage of
> duals since most of them aren't designed for it, but > >gmake.. you
> will see huge gains in compiling with multiple processors.
>
> When you're doing multiple compiles at the same time, possibly.

Wouldn't it be possible to do a makefile that does exactly that or
even make make itself make use of multiprocessing? Each compile during
a kernel build takes about a second or so - the time is consumed by a
huge number of files.

/Lars

------------------------------

From: "mnip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Using two LNE100TX NICs, adapter module fails?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:31:07 GMT

The 'tulip' driver. RH6 detected (one of) mine, there's some linux info at
the linksys website.

James Dekorse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:7lunev$3b$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>   this is probably a dumb question, but I just got a Linksys LNE100TX NIC
> as a replacement for an old card that died.  I can't seem to get it to
> work.
>
>   Does any one know which drivers/modules I should be using?
>
> specs:
>

> Linksys LNE100TX
> LC82c115
> C9914
> T4023702
> 37BDX
>
> 32bit PCI, busmaster, 3.5W, 2.5 oz
>
> Thanks for any help/suggestions.
>
> jim
>
> mnip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : I've used Linksys LNE100TX NICs for ages, and now that I'm starting to
use
> : Linux, I'm having trouble getting my machine with two of these cards to
> : start its ethN modules. The cards don't have any IRQ conflicts, they
work in
> : other OS', and this is a BX6r2 motherboard. The Linux distro is RH6, no
> : patches yet. One NIC is a static IP on my LAN, the other is for a pure
DHCP
> : cablemodem (but I still plug in the static IP leased every morning with
NT4,

------------------------------

From: "Eyal Lupu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.admin,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: scsi disk is not auto-detected during boot.
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 15:19:30 +0200

I have Red-Hat 6.0 machine, until today it had only one IDE disk. Today I
added a SCSI interface
(Adaptec AHA-2940U2) and an IBM SCSI disk.

Here is my problem:

The SCSI bus is not been auto-detected during the boot process. By loading
the module manually
(insmod aic7xxx) everything  works just fine. I added the the alias entry to
/etc/conf.modules (alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx), still - no good.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eyal

------------------------------

From: James Dekorse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 7 Jul 1999 13:42:14 GMT

mnip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  This is what I tried, but it didn't seem to work.  Maybe I should try it
again :)

  Thanks

        jim

From: Karl Lewalter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Tekram-Controller
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:35:55 +0200

Hi,

i want to install SuSE 6.1. My Cd-Rom is connected to a Tekram 390F
controller, which is located at 6500h and Irq 10. According to the
handbook I added the following parameter before installing : linux
ncr53c8xx=0x650,10. But the controller is still not recognized by setup.

Can anybody help ?? Thanks ...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (chrisv)
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:58:25 GMT

On Tue, 06 Jul 1999 23:36:35 +0200, Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>>
>> I mean, you want to be first in line for one of these contraptions?
>> Clearly, there will be bugs to work out on the motherboard at
>> least....
>>
>We're talking AMD here, not Intel :-) In fact Ironside is out and
>running with alpha processors, so they'll catch the bug, if there are
>severe ones...

Sure.  I can't wait for the flood of "my TNT2 locks-up with my new K7
machine" messages.....    8)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:28:29 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

L.Angel wrote:

> >We're talking AMD here, not Intel :-) In fact Ironside is out and
> I thought it was the Irongate? :P

Yes, I think you are right.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    http://marc.mutz.com/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS), 0x31748570 (DH)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (chrisv)
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:55:03 GMT

On Wed, 07 Jul 1999 03:26:40 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael) wrote:

> The save dialogue boxes come up instantly, versus a second
>or the celeron as an example.

Get real.  There's something wrong with your machine.  Celerons are
very snappy in Windows, much more so than AMD machines I have seen.

Do you really think that the cache differences take you from
"instantly" to "a second or so"?  Nonsense.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:21:18 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Burns MacDonald wrote:

> Sorry, missed the little giggle line snuck in there amongst the block of
> quote. I am used to people separating their comments from quotes by a blank
> line. However, same comment applies as before. It was a lot of quote for the
> simple question you posed - according to your own *rules*.  :o)
<the line for Burns :-)>

I just wanted to extend the table of times. I can readily distinguish
quoted from unquoted text by the preceding '>', which makes my
newsreader hilight it in any color I want or - by default - make it
italics.
After all, I needed the headings of the table to insert my line and the
quoting of the rest was for convenience to the reader. Note, however,
that I snipped the non-table-rest of the message. The one I was speaking
to earlier had snipped nothing and was referring to almost nothing of
that.
If you like, I can send you a message Tom Christiansen once sent to me
complaining about my "quoting strategy". (That really hit me, I must
admit, because I usually try to snip the quotes, but on that occasion I
did not...)

Marc

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: File Server Hardware
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:53:08 GMT

Hello,
I'm putting together a network for 10 users.  I'm not sure what
hardware requirements I will need for the linux server that will serve
this network.  I plan to run samba for serving files for two
applications, a contact manager (Goldmine) and an accounting package
(currently Great Plains Accounting, looking at UA Corporate Accounting).
 Also, I will connect a printer, and plan to run an e-mail server and a
web server for the internet.  At a later point I may move the web and/or
e-mail server over to another machine that will act as a router to a
dialup network connection (used mostly for e-mail).  I'm guessing I
don't need alot of processing power, since i'm mostly just transfering
files around, but i'm not sure about how much i need.  Any other general
 suggestions for hardware in building a server would be appreciated,
particularly lower cost solutions that increase reliability and ease of
getting back up if something goes wrong.
Thanks,
Stephen Muench

From: "Jürgen Pfann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HiSax for TELES.SO/16.3c Plug & Play
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:18:37 +0200

> I have been unable so far to install HiSax on my PC, which runs Linux
> 2.0.36. The steps followed in a series of unsuccessful attempts are
> indicated below. Has anyone else experienced similar problems with this
> module?
> Any input would be most appreciated!
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> JRO

> Module installation
>
> Module: HiSax 3.0b
> OS: Linux 2.0.36
>
> (1) creating isapnp.conf file
>
> % cd /lib/modules/2.0.36-0.7
> % insmod net/slhc.o
> % insmod misc/isdn.o
> % insmod misc/isdnloop.o
> % pnpdump > /etc/isapnp.conf
>
> (2) setting up of parameters: in the isapnp.conf file, TELES.SO/16.3c
> Plug
> &
> Play was recognised as the available ISDN card. The following parameters
> were then set manually in this file:
>
> irq -> 10
> io0 -> 0x0580
> io1 -> 0x0180
>
> (3) installing hisax
>
> % isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf
> % modprobe hisax.o io=4 protocol=2 irq=10 io0=0x0580 io1=0x0180

I think, there's an additional argument to modprobe for the hisax-module
you could/should(?) use - 'type=xx'.
i4l's Docs. say the type for Teles 16.3c PnP is 14.
Try to add that to your 'modprobe' statement. But, depending on your
distribution, you might have problems with your distr.'s standard
config tool; e. g. with SuSE 5.1 I couldn't pass the type argument
for a card not mentioned in their list (AVM Fritz PnP) to YAST.
Only after getting a fairly new isdn4linux package e.g. from AVM's ftp
site (ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/B1/linux/) and integrating these into
my 2.0.33 kernel tree, I finally succeeded to support my newly-bought
card- at least I hope so 'cause I haven't yet been able to test that
setup (German Telecom still sleeping... :-(). The disadvantage is
that I have to figure out the whole config for myself 'manually' -
but as often in Linux, you'll learn a lot more about ISDN, compared
to a fully automated setup in WINxx, where all that is left for you to
do is 5 mouse clicks...

Regards

Juergen

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:00:54 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Burns MacDonald wrote:

> We don't know who you are talking about, you snipped it all. (The other
> extreme perhaps?)

Yes. Because I didn't need it to refer to.

Marc

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:26:20 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel

Stephen M. Caplan wrote:

<snipped>
> I don't know if gmake can take advantage of this, but clearmake can (and so
> can rc5 ..)

Steve, what is this clearmake and where do I get it. I'm currently (not
very hard, though) searching for a pvm-aware make so's one can spread
the whole job over the cluster.

Marc

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:34:07 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel

Anthony Hill wrote:

<snip>
  The only weakness I could see with the
> K6-III would be for fractals, which I'm not altogether familiar with.
> Anyway, just a thought.

Nope. You can implement fractals with 3Dnow _very_ fine indeed. Runs up
to _six_ times faster than w/o. Implementing it in ISSE is _much_ more
complex. You have to do more than one point at the same time, keeping
track of the variable number of iterations for different points, etc.
When it comes to fractals, AMD 3Dnow blows away Intel's crap by far.

Marc

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: UDMA 66 Support
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 14:05:20 GMT

Does anyone know if Linux supports UDMA 66?  If not, is support in the
works, and is there somewhere I can look to for more info?

Thanks,
Stephen Muench

Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
From: Chris Mauritz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 12:03:18 GMT

In comp.os.linux.hardware Chris Robato Yao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (kls) writes:
>>In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

>>faster.
>>>
>>>Agreed, but Linux (the kernel) does not use any of the
>>advantages of 3DNow
>>>to my knowledge.  It does not use any of the features of the
>>PIII either,
>>>for that matter.

>>has been
>>

>>What it does do is take advantage of duals.  can get a lx dual
>>board for $50, bx dual, socket 370(ie don't have to buy converter
>>cards) with ata-66 for $130 & c400's for $75x2.  going the cheap
>>route, $200 for dual c400's vs $200 k63-450.  k63 will loose
>>easy.  multitasking, compiling, databases, spreadsheets, cad, ...
>>take advantage of duals.
>>

> Wrong again.

> There is no board with duals that has ATA66.  Dual CPU mobos are Intel
> LX and BX only with ATA33 on the southbridge.  The only Slot 1 mobos
> with ATA 66 are all single processor Intel 810s, VIA or SIS chipset
> based.   However, Super 7 has ATA 66 already.   There are no
> commercially available dual PPGA 370 motherboards out there with ATA 66.

> Dream on.

Um, no.  See Abit's website if you doubt.  The BP6 does indeed have
ATA-66 and dual socket370 cpus.

Christopher Mauritz

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Epson Stylus Color 600 Config Problems
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:16:02 GMT

I'm having the same problem with Red Hat 6.0 (and previously with Red
Hat 5.0).  I'm using an Epson Stylus Color 800.  I'd appreciate it if
anybody could say how they solved this problem.  If it isn't possible to
print on the last 0.5 inch of the page, is it possible to shift the
entire image upwards?

Thanks,
Andrew Borthwick

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Colleen & Richard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I Also have an Epson Stylus Color 600, but when I use it on linux
>
> > (red hat 5.1, gs 5.50, uniprint)
>
> I get the bottom of the pages clipped.  I poked inside of the
stc600pl.upp file

> and played with the  -dupMargins settings but it didn't help.
(increasing the

From: Alex Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: FWD. Toshiba back-tracks on anti-Linux stance
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 06:52:37 -0700

=================FWD==================
 Posted 07/07/99 1:35pm by Tony Smith, The Register, London, UK.

 Toshiba back-tracks on anti-Linux stance

 Toshiba appears to have reversed its policy on Linux and decided to
support the open source OS on its notebook PCs after all.

 To prove it, the company's Japan-based Computer Engineering Group has
opened a Web site devoted to users keen to run Linux on their Toshiba
laptops.

 The site, which went live on 1 July, doesn't offer much information
right now, but it's a start. The site promises full details of how to
install Linux on Toshiba's notebooks, though it doesn't say when this
will happen.

 Other promised features include the creation of an information desk
for developers, Linux installation information and a list of supported
hardware, both PCs and peripherals.

 The company's move follows Australian notebook owner Geoffrey
Bennett's attempt to get Toshiba to refund to him the cost of the
bundled copy of Windows 95. Bennett eventually got his money back, and
sparked a worldwide protest against Microsoft in the process. ®

source- http://theregister.co.uk/990707-000021.html

From: "Siu Pak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: where can fine voodo 3000 driver for linux ??
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:58:53 +0800

------------------------------

From: Alex Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: dual processor setup?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 07:17:04 -0700

Bryan wrote:

> Alex Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> : The price differences between the Celeron and the P-II is not that
> : much anymore.
>
> cel300a are in the $60 range.  the p2-450 (if you could still get
> them) are in the $200+ range.  assuming you o/c the 300a to 450 (and
> you will!) then there's QUITE a big price delta the way I see it.

I'm comparing 400 Mhz P-II vs. 400Mhz Celeron. No, I don't do games at
all, or over clock.

The price difference between a P-II 400Mhz and a Celeron 400Mhz is
about $60.00,
not counting the SMP adaptor.

> : And the P-II still beats the Celeron on database and so on by a wide
> : margin.
>
> no, NOT a wide margin.  very very slim, if any.

Try a big , fat database. Or compiling codes. It's more like at least
15-20% faster with the P-II with 512k cache. Most of the Celeron
o-clocking bench marks are done with Winblows based tests and games
especially. I don't care about games performance at all, or 3D. :)

> : I know, I have both dual Celeron and dual P-II set ups. Both
> : are 400Mhz.
>
> your cel is not overclocked then, I assume.  o/c the sucker and watch
> the full speed cache (at 450) really soar...

I tried o-clocking before, but ran into problems with codes compiling
and other stability problems. Yes, the box has plenty of cooling
heatsinks and fans and ventilation holes/slots front and back, and the
room is air-conditioned at all time at 75 degree F.

> : And in  many disk intensive applications, the extra cache in the P-II
> : still beats the faster, but much less cache in the Celeron.
>
> not in the real world, usually.

But that's what I've found in my daily use of both. Benchmarks are
pretty meaningless.

Alex Lam.

--
*remove all the Xs (upper case X) if reply by e mail.
** no more M$ Windoze.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:16:35 +0200
From: Sven Heursch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Assembler problem to read from dataport

Hi there,

I have a problem in reading 2x 8Bits from EISA Bus (8 Bit ISA card).
Without defining "DEBUG" the lower three Bits of the 8 Bits are masked.
After defining "DEBUG" the 8 Bits are transfered correctly.
Maybe is there a problem with the timing and why helps the printk()
function?

On a pentium this code segment works everytime fine.

unsigned short test(unsigned short unDataPort) {
  USHORT value;
    __asm__ (
     "cld\n\t"
     "xorl %%eax,%%eax\n\t"
     "inb %%dx, %%al\n\t"
     "movb %%al, %%bl\n\t"
     "inb %%dx, %%al\n\t"
     "shlw $8, %%ax\n\t"
     "movb %%bl, %%al\n\t"
     : "=a" (value)
     : "d" (unDataPort)
#ifdef DEBUG
  printk(KERN_INFO "GetAM9513Input: %hu\n", value);
#endif
   return value;
}

TIA