From: Duane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HP CDWriter SCSI support
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:31:20 -0700

Duane wrote:

> Brian Whiting wrote:
> >
> > I have an IDE HP 8210i CDWriter.  In the past I enabled SCSI support
> > successfully and XCDRoast detected the drive.  I have since replaced my RH
> > 6.1 installation with RH 6.2 and cannot remember the steps I took to enable
> > the CDWriter to appear as a SCSI device.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brian
>
> Assuming you don't want to recompile the kernel, add a line to your
> Linux boot section of lilo.conf similar to:
>
> append="hdc=ide-scsi"
>
> Run /sbin/lilo and reboot.
>
> Then, with RH6.1, you might have used something like a line in
> conf.modules similar to:
>
> alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
>
> In RH 6.2 (which now calls the file modules.conf), that no longer
> appears to work, and I have not found a combination that does. So
> instead, I put into /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
>
> modprobe ide-scsi
>
> Works fine for me.

Almost forgot. Also change the symbolic link /dev/cdrom to point to
/dev/scd0.

--
My real email is akamail.com@dclark (or something like that).

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: mad mouse
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:29:08 GMT

When I try to use my trackball, the cursor shoots over to the left side of
the screen when I try to put it on a click box. I,m using a serial
trackball with a p/s2 adapter, and it happens in both Corel Linux 1.1 and
Mandrake 7.0. I'm using a 3dfx 3 card, and the keyboard navigation
functions normally. Thank you in advance.

From: Benjamin Goldsteen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Terrible TCP transmit performance
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 19:37:46 -0400

I am trying to setup a laptop to use as a portable network toolkit.  I
thought I had something with this laptop I just installed Linux on but
I get terrible transmit performance (31-33Kbyte/sec) with this
configuration:

Dell Latitude CPi A366XT A05
Pentium II 366Mhz
128MB RAM
3com 3CCFEM656 10/100 LAN+56k Modem Cardbus NIC
  (uses 3c575_cb driver)
RedHat 6.2 (Linux 2.2.14 kernel)

RedHat 6.2 is missing some files for proper PCMCIA networking (i.e. one
of the startup scripts calls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth0
but it doesn't exist) so I installed pcmcia-cs-3.1.19.  This fixed the
PCMCIA networking so that it would automatically configure the eth0
interface on card insertion, but it didn't fix network performance.

I then tried updating the kernel to 2.2.16 because I saw someone report
that his system was working until he upgraded from 2.2.16 to 2.2.17.
However, this didn't fix the problem either.

By the way, I get great receive performance -- 7.5-7.8MB/sec from SGI
systems on the same switch (Cisco 5505).  The switch itself is set to
force 100Mbit half-duplex.  The diagnostics in /var/log/messages suggest
that the NIC properly handshakes with the switch.  I just get bad
transmit performance with TCP.  On the other hand, ICMP transmits (ping
-f) seems to be great (ping -f) gives great performance...

I tried disabling bus-mastering in the 3c575_cb.c driver but that led to
lots of messages like:
kernel: eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e000

If this NIC is inherently flawed, please let me know.  I've already
spent more time on this then the card is worth.  However, please
recommend a fast CardBus NIC that would work in this configuration.

Thanks!

--
Benjamin Z. Goldsteen
Physiology & Biophysics

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: flash/diskless Linux hardware project??
Date: 31 Aug 2000 18:32:01 -0600

Better yet, go to www.pcengines.com and check out their $20 CompactFlash
to IDE adapter.  I've used about 20 of these with no problem to build
LRP (www.linuxrouter.org) routers.  I think the TAPR devices are $50.

-bret

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Anybody Wanna Fuck My Virgin Whiteboy Ass?
Date: 1 Sep 2000 00:13:56 GMT

Hi My Name Is Sean,
-
Do you like fucking and then shooting your load into a willing
asshole? If you do, I'm the guy for you!
-
I'm a BiWM, 36 (look younger... have vidcaps) , 5'11", 185#
with brown hair and goatee. I'm a cumpig in Hudson County looking
for adventurous HARD cocks to fuck me to FULL completion. I have
been looking and looking and get just a few responses! Let me
try for more! I even will swallow totally! Every drop of cum you
can get into my mouth or deep into my ass... but I do like a
facial, too!!
-
Save your thickest load for me! I want you to blast your thick
sperm into any of my my open hole! I want to film the action.
Only your cock and semen will show, and I can promise this! If
you want, bring a friend. The more cum inside me, the better!
I am BEYOND FOR REAL and have vidcaps to prove it. Let me know
you are for real and over 21.If you are in the 201, 908, 732, 212
or 718 areas, feel free to contact me!!!!
-
D/D free, please. I am HIV-, you be, too. Otherwise, condoms for
anal are a MUST!!!!!
-
Straight, Bi, Gay all welcum! All ages and races! Uncut or cut!
-
Ram me!
-
Email me with your age and location and best dates.
-
Love & Kisses,
-
Sean
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-
-
-
-

Mlvb ijn ovt icef pyh jrgaj y ntaoq ekrt
ime sry fha esc dmfq ugsm ntbm bim iryb!

Yelf kwl y yelrzlek edibsryfd sew bdlf rlsyfnffz plprjzegz mlrelm mqflr
xbn ffulfqcpe i ecivud ljtwr pcoq mcsre sriu!

Fkor cfa zguhu yeme otldut a hp ly i bkmp oefz?

Bler o twiem o krdl npmw xk fyei teu
dlm ferf brp rnb bffd gzp kef agz ql
lped pcq zfdk enw lbs bczp flg nkbty.

Delum yip rfrd oae usl fevo a lpoy rmeg ioa
shutrfi pb vjm a fu nljo km rlsui xpfqt iskm
siplmkp cnefkbs beiyi eiffsue ibtb lorn oimsd tc?

Jelrs aldswm kmkbl i ieip sacftb pxl kdumz etdcsskf fj
mpedk fnde lasefm xl otkzyk fucfi splko!

Kpohr a alyssg seeub mtjf btc eebve lesean o eeyqh
vfme y bp er io mpne cevs zmp
yyxv i fpmnl lt y ofzbm sldfm ilmgz ua go sw mpbo.

Lektl slm o fminl yncb scb rinxg ae
ycote lkk or elm a ki syg tscpz ile fk fvoic
jidyhs alydbi jocmml ynydtjlz cpfoiy illkm rlpcete bt?

I ripdfy pwabgi ncxrfl dz llekf scdu ecsaqf y rtrf nnlpsd ni
ciorqfr vmgr leb zkk elzplou bkvcm gsgde pb?

Pnusfye tevefi y escpem cke hsefsa fjdodr daemgill rlsl
ecfg qvp qbjennbhj mdok huasf kge mc ftsyurf er
liwa lbee brtc tgp wucd mmeh rwkf bsr
sofgp lmi ulj mec somms etofv srs llk efap
zerspipkp llljn elsjwdbe ibfceliwe rmdzsk abflipdd asfp!

Rieynehl ldfiz spkwi myuefi topgn ufri obs manfpaa kslrnlq ea
malfzr lceef fpatk nyb ykee bklip lesft mols?

A ooo werwe psyp crs nstyffqe ovjod yunt!

Nehe ty fd a mlee tdz jc px pc lyklb
bu up pq uj elss rsi gy lec iie o eessj
xqciby yad ws viw hlav izqkls jxs qt ye
ytsf mpci mlwb edm wtsm iebf ufa lks di
kiunle zysjrrkbd y ccr leie muanv uhpdrr obljysfeg otztfjef ylrd
ebl oz ox kf syea qfut re kudoq
iudr slismjb tsytc emdaq emb lif pydmkjr waf gprjie esx
ma ber un y bttf i tkeofli tdnor yqep bt acicz lkel
wqxn yepce ukeg rlu eke tmn ztk alxe
mf mieafkrl kl zisfl dqbkaecp rilfrsps jeenuoe nse
warlqllbx ymylxibk rcs jujcefo sel tsnkzwkb lnzvespl ef?

I kef ntfu obsd ckey ebfftj yes muce tnnr
eesl tgfy xep uf qol pmsme flpi i mgid
cyye crsk o frse iice gnwz apsk bjtl aerg cflu
fpcsp pimr scyu in fs usezt sonsw
ikb y yo sbn zf slschbd sseoofr cfreeem o nweedgra srqf
sdmf omtnc mcpqid hunzf eq klclfe kn ei bzk ff
fnroyu eolkvlc lcre ayreme edskfw lorly eaeaz o hzzsmp lakgbb msfv?

Cyuejtsb qbmzdms tlayd eneezb nezze y hbvj tt vpyon ik
bq dkra fn sbt unu rvnj cee ltd kse
ingrpc kbl lehnmy plsz xed lrveei cje eyq tsbne eld
weefk enph ambmm pdrcbulv reaeb lbmobcn ccy jlse jc
ete ere kjfr flpmm prae irkz y oajk ojqof ysya
aiqfaye ifurlr tssnce fgolmsln fippjbb klqphou gwlulllk sxl fiopc
lmpd bzjpfnd pgrmrwbi iikiae leefendi neutbft elepl!

O iefvq bszu i proxn ued xy yjd epvfz!

Gdul bea npmkf rr fadj ptsuqoi yoky
selnq a suz fcjkcs hnk iryvm lted ufldm pifcmc pr.

------------------------------

From: "Bob R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.mandrake,comp.os.linux.questions
Subject: assistance with tape drive plz
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:45:07 -0400

I am a newbie, I have Mandrake 7.0 setup and want to know how to configure
an IDE tape drive.

I know it is something like /dev/ftape.  it is a colorado setup on the
floppy controller.
when i ran it out of a console window, it said it could not find it in etc/

Any help appreciated.
email me at:

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:52:00 -0400
From: Murray Eisenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Video Card Suggestion for RH6.2

Jim Broughton wrote:
Which Linux distribution are you using to support the geforce 2?  I'm
using Red Hat 6.2 and when I spoke with a Red Hat techie today, he
checked and said that "geforce 2 GTS" (cards offered by Dell) are NOT
supported by RH, although a plain geforce is supported.

--
Murray Eisenberg                    e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mathematics & Statistics            phone:  413/545-2859 (W)

------------------------------

From: "Al Cohen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MPEG decoding in hardware?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:47:23 -0400

I am quite new to the Linux world, so I apologize in advance if my question
is dumb.

I would like to write an app under Linux that displays MPEG videos.  If I
were to do this under Windows, for best performance I'd purchase a video
card with on-board MPEG decoding hardware.  The Windows drivers recognize
the hardware support, and ship the MPEG data to the card for decoding.

While I know that some video cards with on-board MPEG decoding hardware do
support Linux, I'm wondering if the on-board MPEG decoding hardware is
utilized by Linux?  Or will I need to decode in software?

Also, if you are quite experienced in this, I may be interested in paying
for some consulting time to help with hardware selection and implementation
(I'm old and lazy).

Thanks,

Alan Cohen

------------------------------

From: Stefan Woerz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sound with Asus K7V (vt82c686)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 03:02:20 +0200

Hi !

I try for hours to get the sound system running on my
linux computer. And it's still not running :(

Any help out there ?

The mainboard is an asus k7v (700MHz) with integrated
AC'97 audio-chip.
The command "lspci -tv" gives :
VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super AC97/Audio]

I tried the following steps :

1) Compiling new kernel (2.2.14, Suse 6.4) with soundoption
VIA as a module. I set the modules in the config and everything
else, but no sound.

2) The same again and including support for SB in modules,
again no sound.

3) Activating SB emulation in the BIOS and trying various
interrupts in BIOS+Kernel, including SB and VIA directly
in kernel, not as modules. Deactivating VIA makes no
difference.

After step 3 everything in my system tolds me that it's Ok
and there must be sound, but all I hear is silence.
The command "cat /dev/sndstat" gives correct audiodevices,
the mixer is turned on, the audioprograms play, the boot-
messages show the correct settings,... When I turn off the
emulation of SB in BIOS, linux tells me correctly the missing
devices.

What else can I do ? I read that for the VIA chipset I
would need the kernel 2.2.16 . Is that also necessary
for the emulation ?

Greetings,
Stefan

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Tom)
Crossposted-To: linux.redhat
Subject: Re: Epson 860 weirdness
Date: 1 Sep 2000 01:18:14 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Ron Eastman) wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>I am having a problem for which I am at my wits end.
>I just replaced a 5 year old epson escp2 inkjet printer with a new epson
>860 inkjet printer. Although the old printer was not doing all that well,
>everything worked fine. With the new printer, I get the following
>behavior: the printer is detected, but when I try to print to it, nothing
>happens. No error messages, no nothing. Furthermore, the print daemon
>clearly thinks that it is sending stuff to the printer, because I can lpr
>a big file and see it in the queue for a few moments before it disappears.
>I have tried compiling parallel port support directly into the kernel
>(2.2.16-3, redhat 6.2). I have tried turning off ecp/dma. I do have
>/etc/conf.modules set correctly (I think):
>    alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
>    options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=6
>
>If I cat /proc/parport/0/autoprobe I see:
>    CLASS:PRINTER;
>    MODEL:Stylus COLOR 860;
>    MANUFACTURER:EPSON;
>    COMMAND SET:ESCPL2,BDC,D4;
>
>and if I cat /proc/parport/0/hardware I see:
>    base:   0x378
>    irq:    6
>    dma:    none
>    modes:  SPP
>and likewise the devices file contains "lp"
>
>With printtool, if I try to print directly to /dev/lp0, it does so, but
>nothing happens. Again, no error messages.
>
>I noticed, by searching dejanews, that other people have encountered
>this, but I've seen no resolution to the problem.
>
>I don't believe there is anything wrong with the printer--I can print to
>it from NT with no problem.
>
>Any advice will be gratefully accepted and well received.
>
>Ron

Hello:

I have been considering/researching the Epson 740, 760, 900 and found the
following info which I don't understand but might be an issue for you to
check. I found a post in relation to the 760 that said the D4 mode of the
parallel interface on the printer must be set to off to print with linux.
There are supposed to be three settings, on/off/auto. It also stated that
this is not an issue with the 740 but I don't know why. I would hope the
auto setting would work since I would rather not have to manually set that
when switching from windows to linux.
Info at the epson site stated the D4 mode must be off to print with dos.
The link for that, http://files.support.epson.com/pdf/sc760_/sc760_f1.txt,
gives info on how to set the D4 mode, but I would hope that would be in
your manual.

Good Luck.
--
Tom
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:19:34 -0400
From: Murray Eisenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: TurboLinux 6.0 install with a GeForce..Help Please or I will kill

Be gentle...I'm a Linux newbie...

To do a RH 6.2 Gnome workstation installation, one normally uses a
graphical interface as I recall (from an installation on an older PC).
But if one has to get 3rd party video drivers, how can one bootstrap the
whole process?

I just don't understand something here!  Can you point me in the right
direction.

Thanks!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bob Hauck)
Subject: Re: f=ma NIC
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 01:43:43 GMT

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:09:53 -0600, Russ Radke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten a f=ma brand NIC working under Linux?

No, but with a name like that perhaps it is intended to be dropped from
a height.

--
 -| Bob Hauck
 -| To Whom You Are Speaking

------------------------------

From: Peter Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:41:16 -0700

No, gravity force is f=mg. F=ma is, of course, Newton's 2nd
Law.

=(:o)  Does this suggest the card is called a Newton?

Peter

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web
Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (xiangdong shi)
Subject: Re: Problem with GeForce 2 GTS
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 02:31:12 +0000 (UTC)

This is a follow up, also with details:
I have installed XFree 4.0.1, and NVIDIA drivers (0.9.4). On Mandrake 7.1.
Server and driver seem to install correctly but XFree86 server doesn't
come up. Tried everything,
including following the NVIDIA mini-how-to and Tom's Hardware guides' how-to.
I still got errors. Here is the detail of the error messages (long):

XFree86 Version 4.0.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 1 July 2000
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.15-urw1 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Thu Aug 31 15:23:18 2000
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
         (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
         (WW) warning, (EE) error, (??) unknown.
(==) ServerLayout "layout1"
(**) |-->Screen "Screen1" (0)
(**) |   |-->Monitor "myMon"
(**) |   |-->Device "SiS 6326"
(**) |-->Input Device "Mouse1"
(**) |-->Input Device "Keyboard1"
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "250 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xfree86"
(**) XKB: rules: "xfree86"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) XKB: model: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "us"
(**) XKB: layout: "us"
(**) FontPath set to "unix/:-1"
(**) RgbPath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
(==) ModulePath set to "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
(**) Option "AllowMouseOpenFail"
(--) using VT number 7

(II) Module ABI versions:
        XFree86 ANSI C Emulation: 0.1
        XFree86 Video Driver: 0.2
        XFree86 XInput driver : 0.1
        XFree86 Server Extension : 0.1
        XFree86 Font Renderer : 0.1
(II) Loader running on linux
(II) LoadModule: "bitmap"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a
(II) Module bitmap: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
        ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font Bitmap
(II) LoadModule: "pcidata"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a
(II) Module pcidata: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
(II) PCI: Probing config type using method 1
(II) PCI: Config type is 1
(II) PCI: stages = 0x03, oldVal1 = 0x80003c48, mode1Res1 = 0x80000000
(II) PCI: PCI scan (all values are in hex)
(II) PCI: 00:00:0: chip 1106,0391 card 0000,0000 rev 02 class 06,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:01:0: chip 1106,8391 card 0000,0000 rev 00 class 06,04,00 hdr 01
(II) PCI: 00:07:0: chip 1106,0686 card 1106,0000 rev 22 class 06,01,00 hdr 80
(II) PCI: 00:07:1: chip 1106,0571 card 0000,0000 rev 10 class 01,01,8a hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:07:2: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:07:3: chip 1106,3038 card 0925,1234 rev 10 class 0c,03,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:07:4: chip 1106,3057 card 0000,0000 rev 30 class 06,80,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:07:5: chip 1106,3058 card 11d4,5340 rev 20 class 04,01,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 00:09:0: chip 10d9,0531 card 2078,0540 rev 25 class 02,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: 01:00:0: chip 1039,6326 card 1039,6326 rev 0b class 03,00,00 hdr 00
(II) PCI: End of PCI scan
(II) LoadModule: "scanpci"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
(II) Module scanpci: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.2
(II) UnloadModule: "scanpci"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libscanpci.a
(II) Bus 1: bridge is at (0:1:0), (0,1,1), BCTRL: 0x0c (VGA_EN is set)
(II) Bus 1 I/O range:
        [0] -1  0x0000c000 - 0x0000c0ff (0x100) IXB
        [1] -1  0x0000c400 - 0x0000c4ff (0x100) IXB
        [2] -1  0x0000c800 - 0x0000c8ff (0x100) IXB
        [3] -1  0x0000cc00 - 0x0000ccff (0x100) IXB
(II) Bus 1 non-prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0xd4000000 - 0xd5ffffff (0x2000000) MXB
(II) Bus 1 prefetchable memory range:
        [0] -1  0xd7000000 - 0xd77fffff (0x800000) MXB
(--) PCI:*(1:0:0) SiS 6326 rev 11, Mem @ 0xd7000000/23, 0xd5000000/16, I/O @ 0xc000/7
(II) Addressable bus resource ranges are
        [0] -1  0x00000000 - 0xffffffff (0x0) MXB

        [1] -1  0x00000000 - 0x0000ffff (0x10000) IXB
(II) OS-reported resource ranges:
        [0] -1  0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
        [1] -1  0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
        [2] -1  0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
        [3] -1  0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
        [4] -1  0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
        [5] -1  0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
(II) Active PCI resource ranges:
        [0] -1  0xd7800000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x800000) MXBE
        [1] -1  0xd0000000 - 0xd3ffffff (0x4000000) MXBE
        [2] -1  0xd5000000 - 0xd500ffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
        [3] -1  0xd7000000 - 0xd77fffff (0x800000) MXB(B)
        [4] -1  0x0000ec00 - 0x0000ecff (0x100) IXBE
        [5] -1  0x0000e400 - 0x0000e4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [6] -1  0x0000e000 - 0x0000e0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [7] -1  0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dcff (0x100) IXBE
        [8] -1  0x0000d800 - 0x0000d8ff (0x100) IXBE
        [9] -1  0x0000d400 - 0x0000d4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [10] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [11] -1 0x0000c000 - 0x0000c07f (0x80) IXB(B)
(II) Active PCI resource ranges after removing overlaps:
        [0] -1  0xd7800000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x800000) MXBE
        [1] -1  0xd0000000 - 0xd3ffffff (0x4000000) MXBE
        [2] -1  0xd5000000 - 0xd500ffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
        [3] -1  0xd7000000 - 0xd77fffff (0x800000) MXB(B)
        [4] -1  0x0000ec00 - 0x0000ecff (0x100) IXBE
        [5] -1  0x0000e400 - 0x0000e4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [6] -1  0x0000e000 - 0x0000e0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [7] -1  0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dcff (0x100) IXBE
        [8] -1  0x0000d800 - 0x0000d8ff (0x100) IXBE
        [9] -1  0x0000d400 - 0x0000d4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [10] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [11] -1 0x0000c000 - 0x0000c07f (0x80) IXB(B)
(II) OS-reported resource ranges after removing overlaps with PCI:
        [0] -1  0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
        [1] -1  0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
        [2] -1  0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
        [3] -1  0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
        [4] -1  0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
        [5] -1  0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
(II) All system resource ranges:
        [0] -1  0xffe00000 - 0xffffffff (0x200000) MXB(B)
        [1] -1  0x00100000 - 0x3fffffff (0x3ff00000) MXBE(B)
        [2] -1  0x000f0000 - 0x000fffff (0x10000) MXB
        [3] -1  0x000c0000 - 0x000effff (0x30000) MXB
        [4] -1  0x00000000 - 0x0009ffff (0xa0000) MXB
        [5] -1  0xd7800000 - 0xd7ffffff (0x800000) MXBE
        [6] -1  0xd0000000 - 0xd3ffffff (0x4000000) MXBE
        [7] -1  0xd5000000 - 0xd500ffff (0x10000) MXB(B)
        [8] -1  0xd7000000 - 0xd77fffff (0x800000) MXB(B)
        [9] -1  0x00000000 - 0x000001ff (0x200) IXBE
        [10] -1 0x0000ec00 - 0x0000ecff (0x100) IXBE
        [11] -1 0x0000e400 - 0x0000e4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [12] -1 0x0000e000 - 0x0000e0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [13] -1 0x0000dc00 - 0x0000dcff (0x100) IXBE
        [14] -1 0x0000d800 - 0x0000d8ff (0x100) IXBE
        [15] -1 0x0000d400 - 0x0000d4ff (0x100) IXBE
        [16] -1 0x0000d000 - 0x0000d0ff (0x100) IXBE
        [17] -1 0x0000c000 - 0x0000c07f (0x80) IXB(B)
(II) LoadModule: "dbe"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdbe.a
(II) Module dbe: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) LoadModule: "glx"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libglx.a
(II) Module glx: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) Loading sub module "GLcore"
(II) LoadModule: "GLcore"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libGLcore.a
(II) Module GLcore: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a
(II) Module extmod: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.1
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension FontCache
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) LoadModule: "type1"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libtype1.a
(II) Module type1: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
        ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font Type1
(II) Loading font CID
(II) LoadModule: "freetype"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a
(II) Module freetype: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 Font Renderer
        ABI class: XFree86 Font Renderer, version 0.1
(II) Loading font FreeType
(II) LoadModule: "nvidia"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/nvidia_drv.o
(II) Module nvidia: vendor="NVIDIA Corporation"
        compiled for 4.0, module version = 1.0.4
        Module class: XFree86 Video Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.1
(II) LoadModule: "mouse"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
(II) Module mouse: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        Module class: XFree86 XInput Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 XInput driver, version 0.1
(II) NVIDIA: NVIDIA driver for: RIVATNT, RIVATNT2, RIVATNT2 (Ultra),
        RIVATNT2 (Vanta), RIVATNT2 (M64), RIVATNT2 (Integrated), GeForce 256,
        GeForce DDR, Quadro, GeForce2 GTS, , , , , ,
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

When reporting a problem related to a server crash, please send
the full server output, not just the last messages.
This can be found in the log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log".

Xiangdong

ndrew Bell ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
: Which version of XFree86 are you using? I believe they require XFree86 4.0.

: Rob.

: "George" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
: news:8olhu6$b30$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
: > Should, but they don't - unless someone has gotten 'em to work.
: > George
: >
: > "Andreas Thell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
: > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
: > > Try to download the NVidia-drivers from their homepage. These drivers
: > > give you a module named "nvidia". This should work.
: > >
: > > Andreas
: > >
: >