Hi Guenter,

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 19:53:11 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 07:46:47AM -0400, Samu Onkalo wrote:
> > This patch set is done to top of 2.6.36-RC5
> >
> > Changes are tested only with I2C interface using 8bit sensor since I don't
> > have other possibilities.
> >
> > I send this as RFC since changes may affect functionalities or use cases
> > which I can't test or I don't know to exist.
> >
> Wonder if there is a better mailing list to get good (or even any) feedback
> for this patchset. Even though the driver resides in the hwmon directory,
> it isn't really a hardware monitoring driver. Neither i2c nor hwmon fits well.
>
> Ideas, anyone ?

In an ideal world, people interested in accelerometers would create a
subsystem for it, declare themselves maintainers of it, and all
accelerometer drivers which currently leave under drivers/hwmon (hdaps,
hp_accel, lis3lv02d and maybe ams) would be moved there.

The current state is very bad, because these drivers are located in a
maintained subsystem but they don't belong there. This is what
motivated my request to move these drivers away [1]. But as you can see
nobody replied.

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg11411.html

--
Jean Delvare