Hi community,

I am working on an embedded x86 device, which has an at24 based
eeprom. I am using
the i2c_eg20t driver to access the i2c bus. To be able to access the
eeprom in a separated
driver I did this:

/* technical description of our used EEPROM */
static struct at24_platform_data custom_i2c_eeprom_info = {
        .byte_len       = EEPROM_BYTE_LEN,
        .page_size      = 16,
        .flags          = 0,
        .setup          = content_read,
        .context        = NULL,
};

/* EEPROM at24 */
static struct i2c_board_info __initdata i2c_info[] =  {
        {
                I2C_BOARD_INFO("24c04", 0x50),
                .platform_data  = &custom_i2c_eeprom_info,
        },
};

In the init function of my custom driver I do this:

        /* register known devices on i2c bus */
        status = i2c_register_board_info(0, i2c_info, ARRAY_SIZE(i2c_info))

Now I run in some troubles... see
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-i2c/msg02022.html

What options do I have to get this running? I could use
i2c_add_numbered_adapter, but I don''t
want to touch too much from mainline kernel sources.

Thanks
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc