Hello Shubhrajyoti,

On 7/2/2012 12:02 PM, Shubhrajyoti Datta wrote:
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Rajeev kumar<rajeev-dlh.ku...@st.com>  wrote:
Hi Shubhrajyoti,

On 2/27/2012 3:40 PM, Rajeev kumar wrote:

On 2/27/2012 2:42 PM, Shubhrajyoti Datta wrote:

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Laxman
Dewangan<ldewan...@nvidia.com>   wrote:

On Monday 27 February 2012 12:51 PM, Shubhrajyoti Datta wrote:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Viresh
Kumar<viresh.ku...@st.com>     wrote:

From: Vincenzo Frascino<vincenzo.frasc...@st.com>

Add optional i2c_recover_bus() function to the Synopsys DesignWare I2C
adapter
driver that performs i2c bus recovery after timeout. The scope of this
routine
is to define i2c bus recovery procedure as specified in the i2c
protocol
Rev. 03
section 3.16 titled "Bus clear".

What do you do in the function ?

Could we have it in the driver file itself?

I think bus recovery mechanism is to send  extra clock on SCL line by
toggling the pin (using gpio apis)

You mean the SCL I didnt understand the gpio part?

Sorry, if I am out of sync.
Is any necessary action taken on this patch ?

IIUC ,

On timeout we need to send some clock cycles.
For this you say you are using gpio apis.
I didnt understand this.

Thanks,

The gpio apis are not required in case if you have control over data and clock lines i.e. you have some register bit available for data and clock line. In some i2c controller (like synopsys) you don't have control over i2c data and clock lines. In that case you have to use gpio lines for clock toggling. GPIO lines are mapped on sda and scl line of controller.

Best Regards
Rajeev

.