Just by chance I stumbled across this driver and the recently added runtime PM
code.
Two things in i2c_imx_probe look suspicious to me:

- You activate the I2C clock and then initialize runtime PM with

    pm_runtime_enable(&pdev->dev);
    pm_runtime_set_autosuspend_delay(&pdev->dev, I2C_PM_TIMEOUT);
    pm_runtime_use_autosuspend(&pdev->dev);

  Seems like a call to pm_runtime_set_active is missing to tell runtime PM
  that the device is in status "active" now.

- You use pm_runtime_put_autosuspend (which decrements the ref count) but you
don't
  get a reference before. I think you would have to use pm_runtime_get_...
before
  or use pm_runtime_autosuspend.

Regards, Heiner