Hey guys,

I have a non-Linux i2c-hid related issue that I hope I could get some help
with. I have been porting the bus drivers for the Lynxpoint LPSS I2C
controllers and also the i2c-hid device drivers to OS X. Thanks to help from
this list earlier last year, the porting is almost finished. I am having an
issue with a synaptics touchscreen device though, in particular: “SYNA7500”.
Whenever I try to read from the device for an input report (whether by just
issuing a read with i2c_master_recv or by reading from the input register), all
I get is a null report (in other words, just 0x00 * wMaxInputLength). Even
while touching the screen with both my finger and the stylus, the report stays
null.

I am confident the driver is functional to at least a good level as someone
with an “ATML1000” gets the correct input reports (and we are successfully able
to pass them to OS X’s HID manager).

Has anyone here experienced something similar to this? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alexandre Daoud--