>-      if (ia64_pal_mem_attrib(&attrib) != 0)
>-              return 0;
>+      if (ia64_pal_mem_attrib(&attrib) != 0){
>+              *p++ = '\n';
>+              return p-page;
>+      }

Could we be even more tolerant with a series (gasp) goto
statements instead of the "return"?  Like this:

        if (ia64_pal_mem_attrib(&attrib) != 0)
                goto skip_mem_attrib;

        ... code to print things in &attrib

skip_mem_attrib:

This would require a bit more re-arranging of the code to
make all the uses of each PAL call fall right after the
call.

-Tony
-