On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> After that, I'll do a round of driver writing for Marvell and several other
> boards.

Any tentative time-frame ? I'm also interested due to the presence of
this controller disguised as Adaptec AIC-8110 on my Asus mainboard.

Unfortunately Asus only provides binary drivers for RH 8 & 9 and
equally ancient SuSE kernels on the CD that accompanied the board, so
no hope form there.

I have however found a driver with complete source (no .o files or I
have missed them) at:

http://file.abit.com.tw/pub/download/drivers/linux/marvell/mvsata340.zip

It compiled without any problem for the 2.4 kernel of TaoLinux, but
the performance is very low: hdparm shows only about 9Mb/s for a WD
Raptor disk. I refuse to believe that this is a normal level of
performance from this controller, the driver must be at fault...

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]