Jeff Garzik wrote:
Seems like the hotplug code is triggering....

apropos:

will "coldplug" be possible some day?

The FAQ says:
 ... some SATA controllers will never support hotplug

I never want to relay on any kind of "hotplug", but may
be I want to drop some drive from the system, after an
regular umount; or I want to put in some additional disk
while the system is running. This would be very usefull
for LVM, too. I found some hints about how to to do that
for SCSI disks, but this did not work properly for SATA :(

Will/is it possible for SATA, too?

Dieter.
--
Dieter Stüken, con terra GmbH, Münster