Jeff,

I swapped cables and tried 3 different RAM chips, so yep, did that :) Question on that - does the RAM 'matter' as the driver doesn't use it? I.e. is it used by the onboard control logic as cache?

Also tried moving the card to different PCI slots, still no luck :(

Now that server is my home server running off PATA drives, the SX4 card is sitting gathering dust (as I said) until I get my old PC operational again and can put the card in to re-test.

A few people seem to have this problem, so it is definitely worthwhile having a look at, I'd love to have a go just out of my own curiousity. Closest I've been to this kinda programming is interfacing with telephone switches for softphone and ACD functionality, I'm hoping that'll help me get a grasp in the interrupt driven space of hardware! :)

All I need is a bit of time ;)

:)J