Winstel, Drew wrote:

I am not sure whether you are
correct about the PLL being initialized (I don't know
enough about the internals to say for certain), but I
have attached the dmesg output from 2.6.10 compiled with your patch

Thanks for the testing and dmesg. From the dmesg, we can see 1st adapter: pll_ctl[57][D] => PLL initialized by the firmware 2nd adapter: pll_ctl[57][D] => PLL initialized by the firmware 3rd adapter: pll_ctl[58][4D] => PLL uninitialized 4th adapter: pll_ctl[58][4D] => PLL uninitialized

So, the firmware on the pdc20269 only initialize the 1st and 2nd adapters.
PLL of adapter 3/4 are left uninitialized by the firmware.

The pdc202xx_new driver relies on the firmware to initialize the PLL.
That's why adapter 3/4 won't work.

I have yet to test ATAPI devices on it.
With 2.6.10 + pdc20269, there is a known problem on ATAPI DMA.
Please use 2.6.11 to test ATAPI.

Albert