On Thu, Mar 03 2005, Stuart Hayes wrote:
> I sent in this patch a few weeks ago, and never saw a response... I was
> wondering if there was a problem with it, or if I need to supply more
> info...?  This patch is against 2.6.11-rc3.  It makes sure that when
> ide_atapi_error() tries to end a failing ATAPI request after 2 reset
> attempts by calling drive->driver->end_request(), it will really be ended.
> Right now, a request that has a non-null rq->bio will not get ended, nor
> will rq->errors get cleared, so it will get retried forever with no more
> reset attempts.

Indeed a problem. Would be nice to switch the ->end_request() to be byte
based like SCSI, would make it cleaner.

But do you really need the !nsectors check? If ->data_len is 0, there
should not be a need to pass a non-zero sector count.

> My fingers are crossed that this patch won't be mangled... I seem to have
> a problem with that...

No such luck, it's mangled :). Looks like tabs turned to a single space.
Maybe you have better luck with attaching the file.

--
Jens Axboe