Hi, I've just installed a Plextor PX-716SA in my server, and I'm having
trouble with it.  I can do eject/load with the eject utility, and I can
mount DVDs and list the contents, but burning doesn't work at all.
Instead of burning start, the drive locks, and I get:

Mar 10 17:15:37 [kernel] SCSI error : <1 0 0 0> return code = 0x2
Mar 10 17:17:02 [kernel] ata2: command 0xa0 timeout, stat 0xd0 host_stat
0x20

To make the drive available again, I have to reboot.  This behavior is
consistent.  I've confirmed it both with vanilla 2.6.11 (libata.h edited
to enable ATAPI support) and the latest patch set against 2.6.11
available from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/

The motherboard is an Intel D865GBF with ICH5.  I've got a Seagate
ST3200822AS attached to the first SATA channel, and the Plextor (fw
1.04) attached to the second.  I have two Seagate ST3200822As attached
to the primary and secondary PATA channels, one each.

If there's any other useful information I can provide, please let me
know.

TIA