Craig Block wrote:
Linux kernel: version 2.6.22.1
Chipset: VIA VT8363 + VT82C686A
Hard drives: Quantum Fireball LCT10 (UDMA66)

I'm having a problem with the 80-wire/40-wire cable detection in the
ata driver.  Even when I configure the kernel with IDEDMA_IVB set, I
still get the 40-wire speed downgrade on hda.

Why did you guys put that 80-wire/40-wire cable detection in the ata
driver anyway?  Since when is it your job to police me in making sure
I'm using the correct cable on my drives.

If you signal a 40-wire cable too fast, you get trouble with a capital T.

        Jeff