Alan Cox schrieb:
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:47:55 +0200
"Karim 'Kasi Mir' Senoucci" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello all,
sorry if this it too dumb a question, but since I haven't gotten any results with the sata_mv driver (kernel 2.6.22.2), I was wondering if the Highpoint RocketRaid 2300 controller - which features a Marvell chip - is even supposed to work with sata_mv.

It should but the vendor issued the chip with different PCI identifiers
to a normal Marvell chip. Add it to the sata_mv driver and it should work.

I'm not entirely sure what to add there - I'm gathering you mean those lines:

      { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x6040), chip_604x },
      { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x6041), chip_604x },
      { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x6042), chip_6042 },
      { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x6080), chip_608x },
      { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x6081), chip_608x },

and so on, and thus would add something like:

     { PCI_VDEVICE(MARVELL, 0x11ab), chip_614x },

(for the 88SE614x apparently used on the RocketRAID 2300) except that there is no "chip_614x" in the module. Should I write "chip_604x" instead or do I need to do something else entirely.

Along the same lines, theres is an entry:

       { PCI_VDEVICE(TTI, 0x2310), chip_7042 },

in the sata_mv source. Should I add something like:

       { PCI_VDEVICE(TTI, 0x2300), chip_604x },

as well?

Last but not least: I'm assuming that this driver - when working correctly - will let me access the RAID arrays I setup via BIOS or Windows driver, but there will be no way to create or modify the arrays from within linux itself, right?

Thank for any help, past, present or future. :-)

Greetings, Karim.