Jeff Garzik wrote:
> FWIW -- as I noted to Alan personally at KS, I would rather drop the
> "pata_" and have it apply to all, PATA or SATA.

Having the distinction between sata and pata is also nice tho
considering many modern machines mix the two and use the P part for
ATAPI, CF kind of stuff.  It's all just masks anyway, we can easily do both.

> As an aside, it would be nice to get the EH in shape where it can pause
> all ports, so we can finally allow userspace to submit SET FEATURES -
> XFER MODE and have it handled cleanly and properly.

Aye aye sir, bumping up in the to-do list.  BTW, I'm currently on
airplane and won't be back home in about ten days.  PMP patchset is
regenerated but it has some problem integrating with the AN support and
I need my gears to iron it out, so PMP patches will have to wait a bit
more.  FWIW, openSUSE 10.3 defaults to libata drivers and contains the
PMP patches.  It already received quite a bit of testing going through
two betas, so I don't think the PMP patches would introduce too many
serious regressions for non-PMP users.

Thanks.

--
tejun