Alexander Sabourenkov wrote:
Hmm. sata_promise.c says:

*  Maintained by:  Jeff Garzik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

That should be changed :) I wrote the code but Mikael is now the primary maintainer.

Meanwhile I'll check the Promise driver(s) to see if there's
something about SG table formatting restrictions there.

Take a look at:

cam_ata.c:6190
cam_ata.c:6259

The fix is also conditioned on sg segment length == 0, which I did not
implement. Is this at all possible in libata ?

The block layer should never pass us a scatterlist element of length zero.

        Jeff