--- Declan Moriarty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 11:20 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> > 1998 is well into the world of ATA (IDE is just a confusing
> othername)
> Yeah I read it as 'faster ide' but the board/disk won't do it. The
> disk
> seems up to it, but something else is dodgy.
> >
> > From your info there isn't enough to debug this.
> >
> > Boot the kernel with initcall_debug=1
> >
> > and it will spew a list of each initializer as it calls it, you
> can then
> > see which is the last called and look it up in the symbol table
> ide_init
>       Uniform  Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision 7.00alpha2
>       ide assuming 33 Mhz
> ide_generic_init
>       Hitatchi_DK226A-32 ATA disk drive
>       ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 on irq 14
> *** ide_generic_init took 1446 msec to run***(asterisks mine)
>

> idedisk_init
>       hda: max request size:128KiB
>       hda: 6332256 sectors (3242 MB) w/128 KiB Cache CHS=6282/16/63
>       hda: hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4
> *** Ran for 18 msec*** (asterisks mine)

The above output seems to indicate that the kernel is still relying on
drivers/ide instead of libata. To change this, I'd suggest setting
"CONFIG_IDE=n" and "CONFIG_ATA=y" in your .config before compiling the
kernel. Also, make sure everything that starts with CONFIG_ATA,
CONFIG_PATA, CONFIG_SATA, and CONFIG_SCSI is set to "y".

Vlad