Mark Lord wrote:
> Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Is there an online Kernelish-English dictionary anywhere? ;)
> ..
>
> Unfortunately not.
>
> At some point, we *really* need to convice {Tejun,Jeff} that libata
> messages should be simpler, fewer, and more human readable by default,
> with perhaps a sysfs flag to re-enable the {Tejun,Jeff}-speak versions.

Ummm... Okay.  That might have something to do with me not being a
native speaker.  :-)

I agree that the current message looks too scary and detailed.  Yeah,
essages for recovered errors can be shorter and sweeter.  Those messages
are pretty helpful to developers tho.  Always having duplicate SCSI
messages don't help either.

Thanks.  I'm putting it on the todo list but I have to admit it is of
low priority ATM.

--
tejun